Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 15:40
~version 2.0~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%
Default Induction Vs. OWL

I am very pleased with my weightlose this far... and i am just alittle shakey about adding in carbs... i do really well staying at 20 net a day...

I guess it would be nice to add in some other foods... but how drastically will my weight lose slow??

I know it will get slower and slower automatically but when i move to OWL what should i expect?

any suggestions would be great.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/173/161 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Me too

Rachelle--

I am with you. I'm very happy with my progress during induction and just read the Atkins chapters on OWL. I'm not sure if I am ready to do it or not. I know I m only supposed to add 5 carbs per day, but in my mind I can see myself adding 5 carbs per meal....hmmmm.

I think though, that adding an extra legal vegetable at dinner might be my way to start. Page 174 in DANDR gives a list of what equals 5 grams of carbs.

Definately open to advice and suggestions.

Patti
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 17:12

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelle
I guess it would be nice to add in some other foods... but how drastically will my weight lose slow??
Why do you automatically assume it will slow? I've had months of time when <20g of carbs did nothing for me fat loss wise, and yet eating 40g of carbs did.

What works for one person doesn't always work for another, right? Well what works for you today may not work the same way 4 months from now. Just as you get tired of the same thing day after day, so does your body. A few berries, some nuts, a few more servings of veggies - this may be exactly what you need. If nothing else it will add some variety to your menus, and that alone can go a long way to keeping you sane and on plan!

Cheers,
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 10:44

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 122/109/110 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 108%

This was a question I was also wanting to ask. For a while I've stayed on less than 25 net carbs, longer than I needed to since I normally stay on the same menu for months.

Over the past weekend, I ate foods that I didn't eat in a LONG time (good foods though! just higer carbs). My net carb was > 30g, total carb was like 60's I think!! I noticed that staying higher carbs gave me much more energy and MUCH better 'movement'! lol
And, I also lost weight. Actually met my goal, although I'm still fluctuating up & down.

Nat, I see what you mean by how each person needs an individual plan. But seeing that you've had success w/ higher carbs, I want start doing that as well. But I'm so terrified of gaining the weight back. I feel that maintenance will be much harder than losing weight part.
How long have you maintained your goal?
I'm bit too thin now, but I don't want to gain weight back. Don't want to go thru the yo-yo cycle EVER again.

Any tips? Do u have any suggestions for books that focus heavily on maintenance? I find your posts incredibly helpful btw. Tons of information

Hugs,
Rose