Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 07:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/248/235 Male 77 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Good Morning!

Not really a newbie...I've been on Atkins for a month now...in Ketosis since the 3rd day and have lost 28 lbs. Just a little down in the dumps today. I have a sinus infection with a bad cough. The cough suppressant I was taking took me out of Ketosis . I tried the no sugar, diabetic formula but it really did not help. So, I bought some Robitussin that has HFCS (high fructose corn syrup). In one day, my Ketostix went from dark purple to light pink. But not to worry, as soon as the cough subsides, right back into ketosis I go! From 302 lbs to 275 in one month is pretty good. My goal is 240 and I figure I'll be close in another month with Induction. MY name is Mark and Hello Everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 09:37

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Welcome Mark! You said your weight loss was pretty good...it's awesome! Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 14:33
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome Mark!

Get well soon.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 06:16

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Mark

Welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear that you have a cough, real miserable. I hope that you are soon over it.

Congratulations on losing 28 pounds in a month. That is pretty good going.

Continued success.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 08:22

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome to the forum, Mark...

Hope you're feeling better soon. It can be difficult to stay on plan when we're not feeling well, but it's best to take care of yourself and take whatever meds help you feel better faster.

Looking forward to hearing more about your ongoing weight loss!

Donald
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 09:26

Stats: 302/248/235 Male 77 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. Hopefully a visit to the doctor tomorrow (I cannot stand to wait in a doctor's office and read year old magazines) will help with the cough and sinus problems. Up until now I've been relying on home treatment, but at the insistence of my wife I'm gonna go see the doctor.

Staying on plan is not so hard for me really. Since I do the cooking in the house, I can cook for both the family (I have two girls) and then for myself. And being the southern boy that I am, collards are a real treat. Last night it was fajitas for them and I just ate the fajita filling without the tortillas, with a handful of cheese and a dollop of sour cream.

Again, thanks for all the get well thoughts. God Bless all.

Mark