Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 20:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/140/130 Female 5'7
BF:22.7%(about)
Progress: 80%
Unhappy I am a cheater!

I ate 1/4 a potato and 6 baby carrots! I feel the fat coming on!LOL
I dont have the Carb counter book any more BF has it how many carbs are in this!?!?! Why did I cheat I feel guilty now!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 21:11

Stats: 185/170.5/145 Female 63in
BF:39%/34.7%/24%
Progress: 36%

16-20gr depending on the size of the potato and the carrots. that wasn't as bad as it could have been! don't beat yourself up too much!

you didn't hog back the entire potato. you didn't have a box of cookies or half the container of ice cream. i wouldn't worry about it. they were good, wholesome food choices, ones that you will be allowed to eat again when you have reached your goal weight.

i had a similar experience the other day. i was feeding my kids brown rice with olive oil and sea salt and OMG it smelled heavenly. i started kind of quivering with lust for it as i spooned it into their mouths and knew that if i didn't take control of the situation soon i would be haplessly spooning cupsful of it into my gullet with abandon. so i carefully measured out 1/4c. and looked up the net carb count. 10 net carbs. and i joyfully, slowly, decadently enjoyed all 10 tiny tasty bites. and was fine the next day.

don't let it be a cheat. the guilt will only drive you to do it again. just take control of it, or it will take control of you. better you have a good idea of how much you have consumed than devour rapidly in secret with only the bitter guilt left in your mouth for the high cost of all those carbs.

if you're going to "cheat" do it on purpose, do it with passion, and make it worth your while. then STOP!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 21:53

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Oh chill out, it won't hurt you, unless you are going to do that every day, LOL

Kathy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 22:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%
Default hi meghan

I felt the same way last weekend.

I suggest you suscribe to the www.fitday.com page. Is completely free and helps you to keep a good record of the quantity of nutrients, cabs, fat and proteins you eat. It has an awsome data base with all kinds of food.

Last edited by becky160 : Tue, Sep-09-03 at 22:59.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 09:08

Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan
I ate 1/4 a potato and 6 baby carrots! I feel the fat coming on!LOL
I dont have the Carb counter book any more BF has it how many carbs are in this!?!?! Why did I cheat I feel guilty now!

My hubby at 4 baby carrots at my sister's house the other night and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw him! Then I came home and looked it up and discovered it was only 2 grams of carbs. I felt much better about it. You'll be ok!