Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 18:37

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi everybody. I sure didn't mean to come across as short this morning. I had just a few minutes before I had to can the peaches. I know you all understand, especially those who sneak in a few minutes each day while at work, etc. We all have schedules!

Susan : I want to say how sorry I am for the tremendous pain you are feeling for your beloved brother. To lose a family member is beyond words; to lose one we are especially close to is even worse. Maureen said it well (they all did) when she suggested using your time to honor him. That is exactly what I learned in my own grief support group. The leader asked us, "What can you do to show honor to your family member's name? What would they be happy seeing you do?" For me, it's following the calling to write in my dad's honor. I've started a writing career and classes now, with most of my ideas coming from lessons learn from dear Dad. It also means listening more to my children, because he was always so good at just...listening!

I do hope you will know it's ok still to be angry, to wonder why, and to just miss him so much it hurts. It's ok to enjoy the silence, to turn your phone off, to not answer your door, and take time to remember the love you two shared while he was here. Grief comes in waves, doesn't it? Everyone grieves differently and at different times. I cannot listen to Mercy Me's "I Can Only Imagine" without crying, because it was played at my dad's Celebration of Life service. But the hurt I feel is healing. I know it is with you too.

Lynda : Welcome friend! You are so wise to not set a goal towards Christmas. I mean, it's great, but it's easier at least for me to see mini-goals. We have a great group of people here, not too big (no pun intended ), so we can keep encouraging each other. Have a feeling this will roll over to October.

Karen: Hubby's dish sounds awesome...using the garden bounty before fall weather hits. Someone on another post made sphagetti using squash! Ugh, but she said it was dynamite!

Denise : You are one busy and determined lady! Can you please post your recipe for the cheeseburger quiche? Does it use extra firm tofu or what?

Fishie : Looks like one more pound in your favor! Great work!

Chyna
: You are a busy wife and mom, taking care of your family, running a household, you are super carpool woman, happy meal provider, and you are beating yourself down for it! We cannot step into yesterday. You have been given a beautiful gift wrapped up in a shiny sunrise today, with a brand new never-before seen sunset just waiting for your eyes to behold. Enjoy, enjoy. No one here is condemning you for going overboard. We are here for you. Keep doing your best.

Maureen : You are a real encourager! Thanks for being here.

Ok everybody...here's off to a new week! WE CAN DO IT!!

Annie-Pie
PS Should we all "report in" on Sunday eves or Mon mornings with our new weekly weight? Like: Annie Pie, down 3# for a 3 pound total for the month of September.
What say?
Sponsored Links