Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 18:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

YUPPI!
I could finally post my picture.
How to do it:
1) go to your profile
2) select "use custom AVATAR" (yes)
3) upload your picture which has to be 100 pixels by 100 pixels (you can make the picture size modifications in the "Microsoft photo Editor" .
and ...that is it! I was breaking my head trying to figure out how to do this...
I cheated this weekend. I have to admit it. Now I feel really bad, because I have gained some (almost 2) pounds.
Need to start all over... grrrrrr.

Hope you had a great weekend...

See ya tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 18:18
Registered Member

Meghan:
What you have done is admirable...really!
Imagine, today, my husband asked me to make a pizza for lunch...Even though i only ate the cheese, ham and peperonni, I had and entire glass of COKE! and a bite of pizza bread....grrrr.. Could not resisit. And guess what...for dinner, I had a baked potatoe with mushrooms, cream and cheese cream my husband did, which I have to admit was delicious!You said that if we cheat, we only cheat to ourselves...and that is very very very true.
I feel owful.
It seems that weekends play bad tricks on us!
You are a winner! Keep up!
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 00:42
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/115/115 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi everyone....... I am soooooo happy today... its Monday and I just got off my scale... I LOST WEIGHT 2 POUNDs.... I got on it again and again to make sure I was seeing right. I almost cheated yesterday and now I am so glad I didnt. I kept looking at my new bracelet I had rewarded myself with and thought... nope I am worth not cheating. I want to cry... I now weigh 122 pounds... the lowest in years.... I made myself a super healthy lunch for today... gonna drink my water I am drinking about 96oz a day... I fill up my water bottle its a 24floz one and walk around with it all the time... I fill that thing four times a day so thats about 96ozs aday... sometimes I drink 8 of em... it depends but not less than four...I run for an a hour a day.. I tell myself I am worth that hour. I give so much of myself to my job... my son... my hubbie.. so that hour for me is just mine. I am glad I do that now... I am so happyyyyyyyyy.. I would love to lose two more pounds for next week but I am sure that is unlikely cus I am gaining muscle too. I lift weights so I can feel my arms getting firmer... I can now wear those sleeveless shirts... I wouldnt dare get caught with em when I was 187... since I started losing they started to hang on me.... I invested in some weights and lift those everyday.... my arms are much firmer. Love you guys... post in and tell us how you are doing... remember were in this together.. I was thinking if I lose my weight this month I am buying me a leather chair with an ottoman.... I want that next to my fireplace sooooo bad. I will reward myself with that. Later y'all.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 03:15

Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

well like so many of you, the weekend was bad for me. hubby didt have to work so that means of course that he sits home and eats all day so that means it is hard for me. igave in. as of friday I hadnt lost any this week. i have a dr. appt. wednesday so i will post my weigh in then.

i think i will start a post with everyones weigh in that way you can just copy it and add your weigh in that way we will have just one post to see everyones weight. if you dont want to do it that way you dont have to, i just thought it was a good idea.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 03:17

BF:

WEIGH INS

NAME SEPT. 1ST SEPT. 8TH

thenewme 124 122 -2
stacysheil 175
barbie 180 172 -8
liddle 139.5 138 -1.5

i hope this turns out alright, well it doesnt look the best in the world, maybe somebody can fix it better

Last edited by stacysheil : Mon, Sep-08-03 at 04:58.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 03:43
Registered Member

Stats: 180/170/140 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 25%

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

I had a super successful week, however, it is my first week of induction, so I am thinking that the "whoosh fairy" has been kind to me for that reason. I do have to say that my waterbottle was my best friend, and I think that helped immensely.

Got on the scale this morning...it says 172! That is an 8lb loss from last week (I started on tuesday so today WILL BE my seventh cheat free day!)

I expect things will start slowing down within the next week or two - but in the meantime I am truly enjoying this group!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 04:52

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Morning all! Well yesterday was my personal official weigh in day and I was down 1.5 lbs. Doesn't sound like much but that puts me at a new low. I have also been lifting and usually gain some water weight when I up the weights and that hasn't happend. My measurements are also changing. Clothes are fitting differently and that's all the encouragment I need. Well, that and this site! I've been maintaining for so long
( bouncing within 5 lbs. up and down ) that I know there is NO way for me to loose 10 lbs in one month but I have a mission and I'm gonna give it all I got!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Heather

ps. YES! WATER, WATER, WATER!!! You need to be able to flush those keytones out of your system! Besides, if your body doesn't get the water it needs, it'll hold on to what it has. It takes water to loose water!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 08:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: /!!/135 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking Weigh in

Hope everyone had a good weekend! This weekend was very challenging for me, but stepping on the scale today made it worth it. I am down 5 pounds since I started induction last Wednesday.

I know a lot of that is probably water, and loss will slow down, but for now it is a big motivational boost.

Reading and posting has really helped to keep me on track. Thanks, guys!

Hopefully I did this right:
thenewme 124 122 -2
stacysheil 175
barbie 180 172 -8
liddle 139.5 138 -1.5
VanCityGrl 187 182 -5
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: Curves/Atkins
Stats: 213/203/155 Female 5 feet 10 inches
BF:46/??/??
Progress: 17%
Talking Happy Monday!

Congratulations to you all! Had a very busy week and even busier weekend, but I managed to stay on track and lose 2lbs this week. Yaaaaahhh!!

thenewme 124 122 -2
stacysheil 175
barbie 180 172 -8
liddle 139.5 138 -1.5
VanCityGrl 187 182 -5
Tracy213: 207 205 -2

Have a wonderful week!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 08:50
Determined2bSlim

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5'8"
BF:35.1/no idea/20
Progress: 53%

Congrats to those of you who have posted that you lost weight this week. I'll be wieghing at the gym in about an hour and will post then. I know it will be a minimum of 2.25 pounds, but I am hoping to see a bit more as well.

Those of you who had a bad weekend, food-wise, don't beat yourself up over it. It happens to the best of us. Just get up, dust yourself off and keep going. We will all reach our goals with determination and perserverance!
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:18
Registered Member

Default Not That Bad!

Yesterday i was really disappointed because I thought that I gained weight.
I started the the Sept challenge on the 2nd of September and weighted 233 pounds. this morning I weighted myself and I am at: 230.17 pounds
a diference of 2,83 pounds.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:27
Registered Member

Stats: 187/115/115 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled and happy to know we are all losing.... this has kept me motivated and accountable... today is Monday guys and I already posted my loss... but wanted to get back on here and encourage us again. I was reading an article on Saturday about weight loss and it made a good point about water.... it is a good source of weight loss because it flushes our system, hydrates our skin, keeps our metabolism regular, so many benefits. I love my water!! At first I didnt but as I see my clothes feeling better and my skin looking cleaner I love it. Hang in there guys.... we might get pretty close to our 10 pound goal at the end of this month.... we have 3 weeks left..... we can do this together. I am so proud of everyone who posted. And remember to achieve the results we want for tommorow we need to start today!!!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:45
Registered Member

Talking forgot to enter my weight on the list

thenewme 124 122 -2
stacysheil 175
barbie 180 172 -8
liddle 139.5 138 -1.5
VanCityGrl 187 182 -5
Tracy213: 207 205 -2
becky160: 233 230,17 - 2.83
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:50

BF:

ok, you all have made me look really bad (just kidding) i am so glad everyone has lost except me. but, it does give me the motivation to do better this week. i did really good until sat. afternoon and then i blew it.
i am working on getting the bad stuff out of my body, so far i am on my 12th glass of water and it is only 12 in the day.
congratulations to you all for such a good week.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 11:12

Stats: 163/163/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congrats everyone! well I made it through 4 days in New Orleans ( glaad that is over1) Even ate at Olive garden with no bread sticks!!!! But did eat a few LC bars, didn't know we are nit suppose to on the induction. Anyway weighed in this morning at 160, Thats down 3 pounds I am sooooooooo happy! well off to week 2.