Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 09:31

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%

Wanda,
I'm following healthy adrenals w/ burned out adrenal glands. I really can't tell if it's the right program, because I am not addicted to nicotine, sugar, or caffeine (I have a cup with 1/2 decaf almost every morning. As soon as my coffee runs out I will only drink full decaf.) I've been getting off my prescriptions that she says are harmful (with my doc's consent of course!) I have three meals w/ 20-25 carbs and two snacks with 15-20. I don't measure my portions usually but don't feel I'm going much over if at all. I exercise 4-5 times a week for 45 mins to an hour (Tai bo, belly dance, the Firm weight training)
You might be right about using too much fat on her diet. She says you don't have to worry about using too much, your body will tell when it's had enough but since our bodies were conditioned to allow so much on Atkins, maybe it's a different story for us. I might have figured out another problem. I just received her cookbook in the mail, and she actually counts a lot of stuff as carbs that I hadn't been! I stopped counting nut butters as carbs, didn't count condiments like peanut sauce, taco seasoning, cream etc. She also puts a carb count on most of her recipes that she said in her book were free foods!? I don't understand. If that's the case I might be way above my carb count. For the most part I have only been counting my "carbs" and starchy vegetables towards my total carb count.

also, she says raw tomatoes are a nonstarchy vegetable and therefore a free food. Then she puts them in the fruit category at 15 carbs! Which is right? I eat quite a few cherry tomatoes throughout the day.

It's a possibility that my meals are too big. I have a pretty regular sized dinner every night. Sometimes I feel a little too full but usually just "pleasantly done." Maybe that's too much? Especially right before bed. My lunches are usually good sized but I get really hungry at work for some reason, even though I'm just sitting at a computer. Maybe my brain uses up all the energy? Maybe I should work on cutting down.

And thank you for saying such nice stuff! I've always thought you were beautiful! You look like you belong in Hollywood going to all the red carpet parties.

Carole, I just got done reading your post about weight problems.. I wonder why you are having so much trouble losing? I always had a lot of trouble losing on Atkins/low carb after my initial water loss. It took a LOT of sacrifice in portion/variety and work to get down past my "comfortable" weight and as soon as I went back to eating how I was before it'd just come back. Therefore, out of desperation I'm trying something new. And I can't really see myself eating 20-30 carbs a day for the rest of my life!
They say you have "one golden shot" and after that it's a lot harder to lose on low carb. Maybe that's it? Every time I stop LC'ing and go back it gets harder and harder and I have to cut back on more and more foods. Hope you find something that works for you!

good luck.
sheri