Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 20:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/163.1/135 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress: 3%

sorry about the heavy cream business. Yes it does have some carbs. I was mistaken because on my container it says 0 carbs per tablespoon. I just figured also that if she was having 1/2 a teaspoon that she would really have a miniscule amount of carbs. I hate it when you can't trust labels.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 06:18

Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

As the others have said...don't forget to subtract the total fiber from the total carbs.
I too do not lose if my fat intake is too low or if my carbs are below 15 "net grams". (That's what I call my carb intake AFTER I subtract the fiber). DO NOT stop eating your veggies or else you may start having troubles in the bathroom! Or if you are already having troubles, this may be another one of the things keeping you from dropping any pounds.

But don't get discouraged. Your weight loss will be slower than other's because you don't have as much to lose. Three weeks isn't long enough to tell. Be sure to read the WHOLE book--not just the chapters on Induction. It will help you to see the overall lifetime benefits of this eating plan. It's not a quick fix, "lose 10 pounds in a week" diet. NO DIET out there is going to do that for you.
Good luck! Keep hangin' out here. We're all cheerin' for ya!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:35
Carb Nazi

Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%

Cindy Lou:

FAT FAT FAT! You've got to eat some fat girlfriend! Hamburger (not lean!), bacon, sausage, butter... the higher the fat ratio to carbs the more weight you will lose. Now go eat a pound of bacon and a bag of pork rinds! mad