Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 06:28
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/255/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default whats happening to my weight loss?

I started induction 08/26/03, by 09/01/03 I lost 10 lbs. since then i haven't lost anything. someone please help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 06:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/?/160 Female 66 inches
BF:Who knows?!
Progress: 53%

I don't know... have you lost inches? If you've started exercising you might be building muscle too.. that weighs more than fat.. so you could be getting "fitter" instead of "thinner". Try keeping a food log too, that helps. Sometimes you forget what you've eaten in a day. Yesterday I did my food log after I'd been out for the best part of the day, and last night in bed, it occured to me that I had stopped at a friend's to pick something up and had a cup of tea (decaf) with her.. and I forgot to log in the milk in... so I got up and did it. Makes a difference! It can all add up...
Also maybelook at WHAT you are eating.. even if something is low in carb count, it could be stalling you. I know dairy affects a lot of people here.. and bars and shakes sometimes don't help.
A food log and your measurements would help you see if you are still on track or not.
That's what I would recommend.
Hope that helps!
Blessings Swtdrea!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 06:54

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

What's happening? Your body is adjusting, it just lost a chunk of weight, both fat and water, and now it needs to 'reset' itself. This is common and this will happen throughout your weight loss.

This is also a good time to do some measuring, as has been suggested. Often when the scale is not being cooperative, inches are disappearing. The two don't tend to happen at the same time.

You're not stalling, the plan is not 'not working' for you - this is perfectly normal and to be expected. Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy your new WOL

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 07:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

i havent lost anything in about 1 week by the scale, except my scale measures percent of body fat and i have lost about 6% body fat, so i cant complain. also i have a pair of leather pants that i use to see how they fit, and had them on yesterday much baggier i may have to find a smaller size, theses size 6's are getting baggy. seems to be mostly stomach and thigh area i have lost which is perfect, havent lost my boobs or rearend which i didnt need to lose. just keep eating the way you are and find something you wear that will let you see results even if the scale isnt moving. keep up the good work and keep drinking the water.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 08:50

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Most will tell you...despite the pounds not dropping...your measurements are....and then the pounds will drop.... So don't be discouraged....its normal. Just stick to plan !
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:51

Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%

I believe Dr. Atkins says a true stall is at least 4 weeks.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 12:44

Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

You said that you haven't lost anything since 9/1/03. Today is 9/6/03--I'm only counting 5 days here. NOTHING IS WRONG!!! I don't know anyone who sees a daily drop in weight. A weekly average would be a better guage.
I am one of those who gains 2-3 pounds just before I experience a loss. A few days later I will have what is called a "Woosh"-- I will drop 5 pounds for a net loss of 2-3 pounds.
Congratulations on your 10 pound loss! Way to go! Just keep on eating the right foods. Be patient...It will happen!!