Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 07:52
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 253/244/140
BF:
Progress:
Arrow Feeling Hungry?

Now, I'm quite satisfied at the moment doing this diet and I love it. My friend is also doing it and she loves it but she feels hungry in between meals. I've read just about everywhere that you don't feel hungry......is there a certain time that you have to be on the diet for before you stop feeling hungry in between meals.

She does have a high protein snack in between meals etc to help the hunger pangs.

I myself would rather not be hungry though. Anyway, just a thought.

Keep smiling
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 09:19

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

i get that way sometimes too and i haven't figured it out. I do think however it has something to do with not eating small frequent meals. i wouldn't worry, eat when you're hungry. if i eat 4-5 meals during the day i don't think i get hungry, than if i were to eat 2meals. Congrats on your weight loss!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 16:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/175/145
BF:
Progress:
Default Water

My guess is that she hasn't been drinking enough water. From what I've read, drinking water keeps those hunger pains under control and flushes the system. It does wonders! That's my guess. Best wishes.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 16:51
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Being hungry between meals is OK! Eat! Eat!

Not everyone reacts the same with LC. Some people lose their hunger quickly, some take more time. Ketosis is what supresses the appetite, but there can be emotional hungers at work too.

If you're used to calorie deprivation diets, it is hard to get your brain around being allowed to eat when you are hungry. Eat! Eat!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 253/244/140
BF:
Progress:

Being at work is the hardest time for me as I get bored!!!! That's when it's dangerous and I grap the sweets and crisps from my desk drawer! Still, I haven't got any at the moment as I'm on this diet so I'm not going to give in!

Unfortunately my friend went to a bbq last night and ate all kinds of things she shouldn't! I've given her lots of support today so she's back on track - hopefully for the duration of the induction anyway!

I'm still positive as I'm enjoying it and I'm so desperate to lose weight - I'm not giving in!!!!

#6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I keep brazil nuts, sunflower seeds (in the shell), pork rinds, beef jerky (I make my own, so it's sugarless), and other low-carb snacks in my desk. It can be done, it just requires a bit of preplanning. No reason to deprive yourself of snacks, just eat DIFFERENT snacks!

Rachel
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 08:57

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

That's the opposite of me fat2slim! My easiest is when I am at work.. there are days i get bored, restless, but i usually end up deep in thought, forgetting the time and if i'm not careful i could end up not eating (and even drinking!) something which makes me ravenous for later.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins'
Stats: 160/154/110
BF:
Progress:

My advice is peanuts.. although there are carbs, if you measure them out and fit them in your carb intake they are a great filler for an afternoon snack!