Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/172/165 Female 6'
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Everyone...I just wanted to send everyone good wishes for the upcoming holiday weekend. Be safe.

Love and Peace

(bonnie)
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 14:57

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 149.2/138.6/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 55%

Wow, so much activity today

First, I would like to welcome Jacodri. I think it is possible to reach your goal. Just stick with it

I would also like to welcome any new sistahs I might have missed

Amy, I think a daily question would be fantastic. And, I love the images. I am having a hard time picking one, they are all beautiful I'll have to get back to ya on that
  #243   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 18:45

Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi everyone. I think a question would be great too. Ok, so I went to the doctor on Wednesday and had my bloodwork done. Today the nurse called and said my cholesterol is high..208 & she said it should have been below 200. She said if I don't work on it now, I will have to take medications when I get older. I am only 24 & will be 25 in October. She recommended that I cut out fatty and fried foods. I am confused b/c I really want to continue w/LC b/c I know I will lose the weight & I don't want to do a lowfat diet. I am going to do some research before I go grocery shopping b/c I know I will probably have to begin eating more fruits and vegetables. I do know that I will definitely have to add exercise to my daily routine whether I feel like it or not. It takes 21 days to make a habit and exercise will be my new habit. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I will enjoy sleeping in on Monday.
kalondra
  #244   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 19:04

BF:

kalondra

Was this your first test? If not how did it compare to your other test? Maybe you should try this WOE and re-test then make your mind up, that way you real have a good idea of what is going on.
  #245   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 09:07

Stats: 230/205/180 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey Everyone-
I just arrived on campus today and I already had two friends tell me that I lost weight! It felt really good because they haven't seen me all summer. I'm definitely going to continue with atkins I feel so much healthier now. On a side note how do you I add my picture to my profile like the rest of you all?
  #246   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 09:44

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Post Hello Ladies

Sorry I have not been on the last 2 days VERY busy.... Yeah I was so stressed out last night I came very close to calling it QUITS! I was tempted to eat a big bag of potato chips!!!! I have been training like I told you guys and doing to things on the internet, rising at 3:45 since Wed. and not getting home until 8:00. then coming home and reading assignments, making sure home is well kept, making sure my first job is well kept, my beau, my part-time job, I have had it!!! I had to go in a corner and just ask the Lord to watch out for me! Take it all away, I cried a little and then went to slept!

20b430- I am sorry but happy belated b-day!! I would have wished it to you earlier.

red- How did you like UofL?

Amiee- I love the question of the day idea!! And I own that first picture in the link, Its not as colorful as on that link is but I LOVE IT! Got it from Home Interior!!

I hope everyone enjoys this long weekend!! I personally will be working to make a little HOLIDAY pay for bedroom set I seen!!

Bye ladies and I promise I will talk with you tomorrow Still CHEATFREE
  #247   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:02
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Sistahs! Happy long Weekend!

Welcome Jacodri & ThickChic! Glad you guys joined us.
Quote:
I would like for us to have a banner but I'm not very skilled at doing that. I want you all to look at these pictures and tell me how well you like them
1)http://www.framedartusa.com/perl/frG?a13998+w140+h104
2)
3)

These are a few if you can find more pictures that represent us then please post them. We will vote on them later.
Amiee, all are beautiful but I like the first one best. Thanks for taking the time to search for them.
Quote:
I went to the doctor on Wednesday and had my bloodwork done. Today the nurse called and said my cholesterol is high..208 & she said it should have been below 200. She said if I don't work on it now, I will have to take medications when I get older. I am only 24 & will be 25 in October. She recommended that I cut out fatty and fried foods. I am confused b/c I really want to continue w/LC b/c I know I will lose the weight & I don't want to do a lowfat diet. I am going to do some research before I go grocery shopping b/c I know I will probably have to begin eating more fruits and vegetables. I do know that I will definitely have to add exercise to my daily routine whether I feel like it or not.
Kalondra, did you also have it done before starting Atkins? I think as you lose the weight the cholesterol will come down. I think you should post that question in the Atkins fourm...or better still go to the journals of LisaN or Doreen or Tofi and ask them what they think. They are very knowledgeable and will able to give you really good advice. Hang in there and don't give up this WOL yet.

I like the idea of the question per day. Maybe everyone can take turns asking a question.
Quote:
red- How did you like UofL?
Hi Chantel I did not go to UofL. You meant Skeeweeaka. Hope your time at work goes by fast.
Quote:
just arrived on campus today and I already had two friends tell me that I lost weight! It felt really good because they haven't seen me all summer. I'm definitely going to continue with atkins I feel so much healthier now.
MsLayila, you must have felt so great. Awesome!

Hey Skinny, Harley & Bonnie! 20b430 hope your Birthday weekend is everything you want it to be.

Be safe Sistahs!

Peace
red
  #248   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:39

Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hello Ladies,

So far I think we have a vote for #1 and #3. I still need you ladies to tell me which picture you think represents us and we will use it as a banner. If you have another picture that you would like to use please post it.
  #249   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 14:02

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 168/158/145 Female 5'6
BF:26%
Progress: 43%
Wink The Big 30

Hello Ladies!!

Just checking in.....

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but I took the day off from work to prepare myself for the big day,,,,or should I say today!

I thank God I made it to see 30 !!!!! Hmmmm 30 on the 30th!!!! Sounds like a winner to me, even though I didn't lose the 20lbs... that's okay.....I'll pick up first thing in the morning 100%.

Welcome Thickchic and Jacordi!

I also wanted to Thank you all for the wishes. They were all right on time!!!! I thank you for the thought it really means a lot, and makes a girl feel good!!!!!

This is truly a wonderful support and motivational group!!!!
My vote is for #1.

God Bless Each and Everyone of You!!!

20B
  #250   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 16:02

BF:

aimee count me for #1
  #251   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 17:09

Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%
Wink

Aimee count me for #1

As far as my cholesterol is going, I haven't ever had a test before so I have nothing to compare it to. I do know that Dr Atkins states cholesterol should be lowered while doing aTkins so I really don't think I am going to give up. I will just add lots more vegetables and fruits in and continue to exercise. I did walk 3 miles this morning and yesterday. I am going around the forum for more information.

kalondra
  #252   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 17:35

BF:

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

Here is the the picture choice. Photo island has been acting crazy so I hope this works. Does anyone know how to put words on the picture? I tried to but it didn't work.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE INFORMATION!!!!
3000 MINUTES OR 150 MILES OF EXERCISE. We will record one or the other not both. 1800 LITERS OF WATER.

Last edited by amiee3377 : Sun, Aug-31-03 at 20:55.
  #253   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 20:21

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
I hope all is well with everyone!!!! I was just checking to see which won got the most votes!! I have slacked on my water and I am a little mad about it!!!
But I am ready for my free day tomorrow!
  #254   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 07:05

Plan: Atkins, protein power
Stats: 210/201.2/140 Female 54
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi ladies, I am new here and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Chyna and tomorrow will be my first day on Atkins. I have about 50+ pounds that I need to lose and I know I can use all of the help, support and advice that I can get. I have a family full of sabotagers so I know that I have a long road ahead of me. Look forward to getting to know you and receiving any tips that you can give me to help my weightloss journey be a successful one.
  #255   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:28

BF:

Welcome!!!

You can join our challenge if you would like to. Details are in Post#252