Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-01, 18:02
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 220/199/140
BF:
Progress:
Cool

I am back from my mini Woman's Retreat. I did so good!!! I didn't eat anything that wasn't on my diet, and it wasn't even a struggle. I just didn't want it. It was great!!! I brought my own snacks up with me just in case (during our late night game session) I wanted to snack while they were eating popcorn. I brought Pork rines, jerky, and nuts. I even got up around 6:30 am and went for a walk on the beautiful island beach. Pictures will be on my web site soon for those of you that are intrested... Everyone asked how much weight I lost ALREADY!!! Even people that didn't know I was on a diet. Amaxing... I didn't think you could tell. How great is that...
Thanks for letting me share my success with this group. Yall are definatly one of my major sorces of motivation!!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-01, 18:17
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking hi Deb

Hon, YOU are a source of inspiration and motiviation to all of us. Congrats to you, and thanks!

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-01, 18:51

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Awww that's great! You set a great example for all of them, and most of all for yourself Great job!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-01, 22:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/171/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Where'd you go on your Women's Retreat?

I have a friend who taught in Okinawa for two years. It was a magical time for her. BTW, as far as I can tell from the Atkins books and his carb counter, ordinary popcorn (not the microwave stuff) is really quite low in carbs (1 cup 4.6) and butter would be free. I've been thinking of making some as I do have a love of salty snacks. And, I missing the texture of things other than cheese, meat or veggies.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 02:33
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

My woman's retreat was at a military beach resort in Okinawa, called Okuma. It is just beautiful. Great place to go camping on the beach, or stay in a cabin (aircondioned) or stay in the hotel there. There is just so much to do there; water sports, hiking, walking, golfing, fishing, and what ever else they have...
I went with my church, had a blast and got refreshed... Oh how nice, even if it was just for one night.... Ahhhhh.

#6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 12:07
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Where'd you go on your Women's Retreat?

Congratulations on resisting temptation, honestd!

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
BTW, as far as I can tell from the Atkins books and his carb counter, ordinary popcorn (not the microwave stuff) is really quite low in carbs (1 cup 4.6) and butter would be free. I've been thinking of making some as I do have a love of salty snacks. And, I missing the texture of things other than cheese, meat or veggies.

Liz, try pork rinds instead for something crunchy. Even a small amount of popcorn might set off carb cravings. Try eating a combination of pork rinds and celery sticks with a bit of cheese.

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 21:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default popcorn

Hmmm. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, Liz, but have you ever tried eating ONE cup of popcorn? I don't think I could do it!

I know what you mean about the crunch. I found this recipie on another site (apparently it belongs to someone called Jeb, who is said to have stolen it from...? Anyway, it goes like this:

Cheesy "Bones"

3 oz. cream cheese
3 oz. grated cheddar
1 egg
3 heaping tbsp plain soy protein isolate
salt to taste
paprika/cayenne/herbs to taste

Mix everything together with your hands. Knead until it's like play-doh. Form it into thin 'snakes' about 2 inches long. Lay out on greased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 mins or till browned. Cool on wire racks.

These are AWESOME if eaten warm from the oven! Salty, crunchy, and way better than pretzels! And maybe about 2 carbs for the whole recipie.

Rachel
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 21:51
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Pork rines!!!

Since I have been on this low carb diet, I have found so many recipies with pork rines...
I will have to post them if you want them all but they look delisious... I want to make them first before I post them....
One I am intrested it is crushing it to use it as bread crumbs in all kinds of things... I even saw a recipe that used crushed porkrines as the flour thing for this kinda hard toast to use for spreads and dips... It looked great...
Pork rines are the way to go.. Over here in Okinawa, they even have hot and spicy... Yum... Let me know if you guys hear anymore recipies about them too and I will post them as soon as I make them for myself...

Popcorn is good but not worth it... Also did you know that they have pork rines that are microwavable just like popcorn and come in all kinds of flavors? Well those would be good to try... My favorite is heating up my bag of pork rines and sprinkling shreaded cheese all over it with your favorite seasoning just enough to melt the cheese a LITTLE. It takes the place of popcorn for me expleshly when watching a scarry movie and ya need that... LOL