Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%
Default Back on Induction :/

I have had a few too many treats in the past few weeks. I have still been eating low carb, just a few too many carbs here and there. And I have hit a plateau, so time to do the Induction again in hopes of a bit of a jump start.

No nuts, cantalope, berries for a few weeks...boo ;(
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:55

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Right there with you

I also have re-induced myself this week, to many cheats especially when I was on vacation. Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:24

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I did not re-induct myself but went to OWL ... I just now watch the calories more than the carbs and am now losing again. I think as you get closer to goal the calories come into play just as much as the carbs because no matter how high I go via carbs (under 45) and if I keep calories under 1600, I lose. If I eat 20 carb and 2000+ calories...I don't. Just something to think about.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I also put myself back on Induction this week. I was being good during the week and keeping carbs under 20 and eating approx 1300 cals ... losing weight.

But when at home on the weekend I was eating 2000 and going up to 40. Bored and snacking. So each weekend I was going up 2-3 lbs and during the week I would lose those. So essentially staying in the same place.

To put the cravings for sweets at bay I have cut out everything that tastes sweet except for the morning decaf with Atkins Vanilla Syrup and cream.

Found out on the atkins site that I was consuming way too much cream. I was craving it all the time (I just LOVE IT) so I cut that back along with cheese (no more than 3 oz for me).

I was starting to subsist on bars a lot as well and a lot of the Atkins foods and Joe Bread (good).

So back to Induction for me ... get me over the hump.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/128/120 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

OMG I as well cheated actually the whole week down the beach, one day I had 4 strawberry daiquires (Sp) let me tell ya i was doubled over in pain sitting at the pool bar the bartender was saying well shes cut off but it wasnt that i had terrible stomache cramps shooting around to my back i was ready to tell someone call 911 it was that bad, so i drank some pepto. ahhh relief needless to say I had a bad reaction to carb overload thats what my husband said heehee I learned my lesson I thought well we went to dinner and what did i have 2 cornbread muffins and mashed potatoes and pepto heehee well that when on for a week and now i am starting all over I didnt weigh myself i was to afraid my pants did get snug well heres to induction....