Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 23:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/240/155 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 11%
Question The scale

About how often does everyone weigh in? I thought it was geat to do it once a week, but a lot of people are telling me that they do it daily. I would love to hear how often y'all are weighing in and your reason. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 00:15

Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

hi,
As a recovered scale addict, I can tell you that it varies from person to person. At my worst I was weighing up to 13-15 times a day! I now weigh every several days or so in the morning. I think CAD has you weigh everyday and then average out the total, I just see what the scale says and if I am down and maintain it for more than 4 days then I change my stats.

cheers,
judi
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 01:01
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

I weigh every day morning and night - why? Because of habit, or I'm obcessed, either way I have an insane urge to know and can't see depriving myself when I have a perfectly good scale in my bathroom.
I weigh at night as a game to guess what I'll weigh in the morning. I weigh in the morning after I potty to get my "dry" weight-and my official for the day.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 01:50
Registered Member

Stats: 223/185/165 Male 71"
BF:Too high, duh!
Progress: 66%

I weigh myself every morning, about a half hour after I wake up. The reason? Curiosity. Plain and simple. I know people say you shouldn't do it every day but this is what works for me.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 05:17
Registered Member

Stats: 250/220.5/130 Female 5'3
BF:Don't Know.
Progress: 25%
Default Once a month

I weigh only once a month. I realized when I began this WOE that I couldn't weigh myself all the time because this is trule a WOL for me and NOT just another "diet" I'm on. I know that I'm sucessful though just by judging how my clothes feel.

Bottom line is, no matter what the scale says...I feel GREAT living the lc life
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 05:32
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I weigh in the morning and in the afternoon. I like to know what kind of water weight I carry, so I can know what is normal for me. Plus, I am anal retentive.

The weird thing is-lately I have been weighing less in the afternoon than in the morning.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 05:39

Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

I weigh once a day - every day. I did that before low carbing too. I do not freak out about the daily fluctuations - but it keeps me honest about what is happening... and the times I have gained weight in my life... was when I was NOT weighing and in denial.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 05:44

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Every day during the week and every now and then on the weekends. I go by the scale at the gym and usually get on it every morning first thing once I get there. It usually motivates me as if I've lost, I want to lose more and if I've stayed the same, I want to kick things up a notch. I haven't had a lot of upward fluctuations, but I can imagine if I did it might be depressing. Hoping to see it move downward over this next week

L
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:24

Stats: 243/187/145 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I say that it is better to weigh weekly! However, I weigh myself daily (at least twice a day). I'm totally addicted!!!!! I'm going to try my hardest to only get on it once a week. I'm get too frustrated doing it on a daily basis.

Good-luck!

~Amy
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:01

Stats: 213/163.5/130 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 60%

I weigh weekly for the "official" number, but also take a sneak peak in the middle of the week. It's nice to see the numbers going down and keeps me motivated!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:04
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

i probably weight like 5 times a day, although the value immediately in the morning (when i am dehydrated/not filled with food) is all i consider, since my weight fluctuates up another 3 or 4 pounds from that point with added water and food.

i dont put too much weight (hehe) in on the scale anyway, its only good as a rough estimation. i just weigh in for comfort, sort of like using a keto strip just to reassure you that youre doing the right thing.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:19

Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I weigh myself once in the morning about every other day or so. I have a ritual of ... bathroom, coffee, scale on the way back to my room. I remove all clothing then step on the scale BEFORE I take one sip of coffee.

I never weigh myself in the evening because I feel like my morning weight is the most accurate.

Silly, yes ... but how I get through
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:49
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I weigh first thing in the morning everyday, except during TOM.

Peace
red

#14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 08:15

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I was weighing several times a day until this past weekend when I hid the scale!!! I want to pull the scale out only on the weekends.

I did cheat yesterday a weighed in and had lost 5 lbs. Yet I do not want to celebrate - that is another story (see my journal).

I now am keeping my scale lock away for who knows when. At least a week - maybe more.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 09:32
Registered Member

Stats: 154/129/120 Female 163cm
BF:bat wings abundant
Progress: 74%

once a day in the morning - i think this gives you a) reassurance that you're doing good and this WOL is great or b) that overconsumption of carbs the day before is bad because you gained a pound or 2.