Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:35
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Angry Snide, skinny nurse...

Yesterday, I was having a nice lunch with my buddy and her sister-in-law, the county health nurse. She had another nurse with her (the skinny, evil, one!)

Nurse #1 and I were having a lively discussion about Atkins recipes. She and several of her family just started, and she was asking for hints, recipes, etc. so she could cook the meals they can eat together.

Skinny nurse must have felt left out, because she looks at her watch and announces.."I can't believe you can talk about a diet for this long!! I just EAT. It's simple to ME."

<jawdrop> Wellllll ex-cuuuuuuuse us!

My friend (who has many weight-related health issues, but thinks Atkins or ANY low-carb is "too hard" or "a gimmick") had a good laugh. They both smugly munched their toast for their individual reasons...

You know, if they were bored, they could have discussed the virtues of belittling the efforts of others..<sheesh>

It's not like it was ALL we would talk about. The conversation was varied, about ALL the "girl stuff" going on with us, not JUST Atkins. I know a zealot can be boring no matter WHAT they're rambling on about.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:38
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Sounds like she has issues.....

Glad you have a friend that you can talk LC with. I have two friends at work and it is cool!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:44

Stats: 243/187/145 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 57%

How did you keep from slapping her? How mean!!! It's obviously working for you...very well I may add. Congrats on the 88 pound loss!!! Keep up the great work & don't let people get to you!

~Amy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 11:21

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

I would have said, "Well, if you were any kind of nurse at all, you would know that people's metabolisms differ, and what works for you, doesn't work for everyone..." then just look at here in bewilderment and shake your head, like you can't believe she is that dumb...
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 11:26
Registered Member

Stats: 160/141/132 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Oh yes-this sounds familiar!
Seriously, who gives a you know what what she eats. It doesn't matter how skinny she is, she's still a nasty cow.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 12:37

Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%

Well, I'm glad you have a new friend at least! (the nice nurse, of course)

As far as the evil one goes, maybe she'll get pregnant or have a hormone change or something (we can only hope) and then she'll realize what most of the rest of us have to deal with. And 5 years later you run into her...and YOU are the skinny one! LOL
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 20:42
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy576
How did you keep from slapping her? How mean!!! It's obviously working for you...very well I may add. Congrats on the 88 pound loss!!! Keep up the great work & don't let people get to you!

~Amy

I had a fork in my hand... worse things crossed my mind.

I've been wrestling for two and a half years to get rid of the weight. The first 30 were lost by doing it the hard way, the rest (when "regular" diets stopped working) after I started atkins about a year ago. I'm still trying to break through a major stall caused by the combination of quitting smoking last winter and quitting my physically active bartending job when I could no longer get a caregiver for my son, who has cerebral palsy. Although I get my "weight training" in by lifting him.

I got my training in not bitch-slapping the truly deserving while bartending, and I have some ex-sisters-in-law that should have houses dropped on them to practice on!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 05:30
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Some people are just mean, stupid and nasty. Just count yourself lucky that you aren't related to her. My dad and I were driving his mom down to her place in Florida over Christmas. He and I talked for a few minutes about my PDA and what it could do. We switched subjects and my grandmother turned to me and said, "Why don't you talk about computers again for ten minutes-it will help me go back to sleep."

She was just mad that the conversation wasn't revolving around her. I bet the evil nurse is the same way.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 05:35

Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I had a fork in my hand... worse things crossed my mind.

I got my training in not bitch-slapping the truly deserving while bartending, and I have some ex-sisters-in-law that should have houses dropped on them to practice on!

LOL!!!

You crack me up!