Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151.2/135 Female 67 inches
BF:36%/17%/12%
Progress: 68%
Default My trainer is attracted to me?

Ok,

My biggest compliment so far is that my trainer seems to be physically attracted to me, even though I'm old enough to be his mom! Not that anything happens, just that... I can tell he likes the way I look now. He's got such an awesome body, and could have any woman he wanted.

Other women are getting jealous of me! Mostly because they tried being on the diet, but couldn't follow it and didn't loose weight.

I've heard: My God, "your BUTT is so small now" This from a female co-worker walking behind me with a bunch of guys.

I'm not used to this --- I used to be so FAT!

I'm feeling attractive again!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 13:57

Stats: 204.5/157/142 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee007
I `d have to say that the best one was after having spent the afternoon at our friends house and swimming in their pool, my DH saying to me on the way home " Babe, you looked pretty hot in your swimsuit there"...lol..When you get compliments from the person you live with( they see you all the time), then it really hits home.

I cant wait to be where you are at right now ----
Now I have an idea of the incredible feeling I will have!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 15:14
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 200/200/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/22
Progress: 0%

1) you look like your own younger sister
2) (from good friend's fiance)- mmm, mmm if you keep this up I may have to dump "fiancee's name here" (all done jokingly, but it made me smile and blush)- plus my DH was there and laughing too
3) (picking up a friend from the train station - we hadn't seen him in a year)- he just walked right past me (waiting by the area where they debark) and went up to my husband who was over sitting in some waiting chairs "Where's Laura?" (it was awesome, he didn't even recognize me, and the look of shock on his face was priceless)
4) former co-worker (ran into at the store)- "you look awesome, you must be so proud of yourself"

and quite a few more.. they really make your day don't they?
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 16:29
Registered Member

Stats: 232/232/190 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think the best compliment is no compliment at all - when people don't recognize you! I had two peole within the last few weeks, literally, not recognize me. One guy I hadn't see in a year but we were good friends and the other I hadn't see in 6 months. Of course, my hair is about 8 inches longer which adds to the confusion but still!

People are now telling me to STOP losing weight! "Don't lose anymore! You'll fade away! It's not healthy to be so thin!" That's pretty cool , too!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 01:17

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Fishburg: You're gonna be running XC with your daughter, just wait and see! Keep it up girl!

Comments my way: More lately as I past the 30# mark. Comments like, "Wow." And, "Your arms are so thin", and the best one from our daughters: "Wow Mom, that dress will look good on you" (referring to a cute sexy black dress we saw on a movie). Family support sure does count!

This is a great thread idea! Some of these comments, can't y'all just picture them? What ahoot.

Annie-Pie
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 08:30

Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%

I've had several, one lady I work with I hadn't seen in 6 months, looked at me and asked where I went, I looked at her confused, she said you lost so much weight you look wonderful.

Another coworker said my gosh you've lost somuch weight you look beautiful.

But most of all even though my spouse and I have always had a wonderful sexual part of our relationship, he can't seem to keep his hands off of me. (Like he thinks I'm the sexiest thing).
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:30

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

It's worth it, eh Lbiessen! You go, girl!
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/175.5/145 Male 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

My best compliment came when I was in a horseshow this weekend and my hubband later told me he had trouble picking me out of the crowed. You see, in english horse shows everyone wears tight tan breeches, tall balck boots and a fitted jacket so the horse stands out. You can imagine that this is not the most flattering look for anyone overweight and how it used to be easy to pick me out of a group of trim/athletic riders. I love this WOE.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 11:07

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

When my mom looked at me all teary eyed and said "Wow your really doing it after all these years!"
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 12:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

I would have to say the best compliment I've received was from a male co-worker who emailed me (about something else) and threw in that I was 'looking uber hot'! I got a total kick out of that - made my day. He came up later, said I was looking really good and promised not to sexually harass me anymore. I told him he could harass me with compliments anytime
Although hubb has yet to actually SAY anything (just not in his nature), the fact he was willing to walk around with me in a bathing suit all day last weekend spoke more than words
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 14:25

Stats: 164/135/140 Female 5 4
BF:28%
Progress: 121%
Cool

~ Just yesterday, a female co-worker said "you look fabulous, don't lose anymore. You look perfect!"

~ My mother said in April "You look great, looking like your former self."

~ When I came home from the gym 2 mos ago, my man said my Yoga pants look great on me & that I am looking athletic.

~ "Oh My God! You lost so much weight! You are skinny!", from a co-worker who was on mat leave & had not seen me in 3 months.

~ An aerobics instructor was walking outside a store I was in, spotted me, came in & yelled over to me "Look at you! I wanted to see who that beautiful woman in the store was!" This same lady has used me as an example during classes many times , pointing me out & telling newcomers "you will be strong & fit like her soon!"

~ A male co-worker asked me what my secret is, what I did to be looking so good.

#42   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 16:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 236/127/130 Female 5'6
BF:98.7%/46.8%/36.8%/
Progress: 103%
Talking

okay i got a great compment from Julie yesterday. I was working out on my elpitical. and she comes up to me and saids. HAY laura where your butt. I said unfoutily it attacted to the back of legs. She said nope i hate to brake it to you but what there is a skinny little butt and a mussle no fat.

Elisa miss perfect water arobics instrector. Came up to me last week and said hay laura you look great. I said when i look like you we can talk. She said i hate to tell you this but you look like me. Later in the week she gave me two of her outfits she knew i loved to try on and broow well sure enough THEY FIT. and i did look like her. i could not belive it.

Next one someone in the limited came up to me and said you look wonderful in that.I wish i had your body.

Pepole in my gym tell me i look wonderful. They all want to know how i done it.

When pepole join are water class one of the frist things they ask is can this relly work. Elisa points me out and said Must Look at Laura.

Julie my trainer oftern tell her clints about my success to keep them moviated and tells them that she did it with atkins too. She points me out too. tells them to come talk to me.

Sarah my other arobics teach now she skinny but genticaly skinny told me i look great too. I was shoked she never said any thing to me before
Attached Images
File Type: gif laura002.gif (16.3 KB, 8 views)