Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 18:11

Plan: a low carb plan
Stats: 230/229/155 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Another Newb

Hey, I'm new here, just joined today. I was diagnosed as being borderline diabetic last yr. I started on a low carb diet, and it worked for a while, I lost 20 pounds and then quit losing weight, i'd lost all i could without exercise, so I joined a gym, walked on a treadmill for 20 mins each day and then lifted weights for a while, that went on for a month and I wasn't losing any weight, so I've been discouraged by that and quit eating right ever since.

Since January I've been with Chad, he hates vegetables and only eats fattening foods. I'm terribly worried about when we get married, which is next August.

I've recently started back at a gym and hoping to lose more weight. I'm on Actos, and I want to get off of it, but I'd have to get down to like 135 pounds, and that's a far ways off from what I am now. I guess I just need encouragement.

Last edited by PebblesK : Mon, Aug-25-03 at 18:22.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 18:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello and welcome. How about visiting the Diabetes forum here? There's lots of information and people who are also diabetic there. Have you read Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution? He has controlled his own diabetes for years by low carbing. Don't endanger your sight and your kidneys by neglecting your blood sugars.

Glad you are here.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 08:57

Stats: 162/151/140 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool Hello from Texas

Hello and welcome,
You have come to the right place for help. There could have been a number of reasons you stop losing weight last time. One thing try to start a jornal on here so you and others can see what you are eating and give you some tips. Use www.fitday.com to count your carbs it is a great tool. Be sure to drink as much water as you can. Drink at least 8 glasses a day. You will feel like crap at first and have withdraws but that means it is working give it a few days. Read as much as you can on this site. There is just so much information and exellent recipes here. The people are great too. Maybe last time you just needed some new ideas. Just be sure if you are doing Atkin's to stick to induction faithfully. You can do it.
Use pepperoni sticks, pepperoni, sugar free jello, deviled eggs, celery and cream cheese, summer sausage, tuna, pork skins and stuff to snacks.
Take it a half hour to a hour at a time at first. Be proud that you made that far and don't mess up. If you feel hungry, put it off for a while, have a glass of water. Find a craft to do to keep you hands busy like rug hooking, kniting ect... After a few days you will feel good and you should see the weight start to come off.
Like I said read on this site as much as you can.
We are here for you,
Take care, God Bless
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 13:48

Plan: a low carb plan
Stats: 230/229/155 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks ya'll.

Can anyone tell me some good books to buy on this?? What does Atkins Induction mean anyways?? Sorry, complete idiot here.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:16

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

The obvious one is Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution in which you will find all the information you need to do LC.

There is another one Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution which is specifically targeted to controlling diabetes through LCing. I think this one would be best for you.