Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 05:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/134/118 Female 157 cm
BF:
Progress: 41%
Angry Dail Mail Headline - "Did Atkins Diet Kill This Girl"

Hi,

I wonder how many other people were unimpressed by the latest Daily Mail Headline and following story which started..."The Atkins Diet was branded a potential killer last night over the death of a 16 year old girl"....Last night? LAST NIGHT? with all due respect to her family, she died 3 years ago! The remainder of the article is over-dramatised journalism, concluding nothing except that she had a potassium and calcium imbalance which Atkins dieters _may_ be susceptible to (for which nutritional suppliments are taken to to protect against.) The worst part is the journalist's added _opinion_ that the coronor "...added, somewhat clumsily, that "The diet as the cause of death cannot be stated with certainty". ...well thank you for your opinion Mr Journalist, that the coronor was obviously "clumsy" in not blaming the diet becaase it was _not certain_ the diet was to blame. I am of the opinion (having been a science student) that due to the lack of evidence the coroner's statement was not clumsy at all.

Honestly, they choose that headline to sell papers, and yes, sadly, I bought...won't be making that mistake again!

Rant over!

Enjoy the weekend xxx
Sponsored Links