Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 16:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/187/145 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Question What are the best compliments you've received?

WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BEST COMPLIMENTS YOU'VE RECEIVED?

I'll go first ~

One was from a girl that I used to work with. I hadn't seen her since about 2 weeks before this WOE. I saw her last week & she said, "Oh my God! I can't believe how much weight you've lost."

Another one was from a guy at work. He said, "You're much sexier than the girl that used to sit here." Mind you...I'm the only one that has sat where I sit. I guess that's his way of saying he noticed the weight change.

Those are the 2 that really stick in my mind I've had others. But I guess there are some people that we kind of "expect" hear compliments from. Like I think my hubby says something everyday.

*Can't wait to hear everyone's stories!

~Amy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 17:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Best compliment ever: Can you please explain to me what you're doing and how I can do it, too?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 18:06

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%

not to my face, but I heard a lady at the gym telling my trainer: "Arie? He looks delicious, I would take him if he was not married..."

And of course it went right to my head... Consider that I was (am) overweight for many many years, and forgot about women giving me a second look.. (look at my "before" picture)
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:29

BF:
Default Arie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie
And of course it went right to my head... Consider that I was (am) overweight for many many years, and forgot about women giving me a second look.. (look at my "before" picture)

What a GREAT compliment & I can see how that would go to your head! I think it would've gone to my head too. I took a peek at your pictures & WOW...you look awesome. Keep up the great work!

~Amy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:30

Plan: South Beach 11/8/04
Stats: 235/138/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I saw an old friend last week that I had not seen since last summer, we talked a few minutes then she stopped and said, Gosh I just can't get over how good you look! It felt great!
Also my endocrinologist I see every six months told me last week, I looked like a new person!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:43

BF:
Default RandiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiS
I saw an old friend last week that I had not seen since last summer, we talked a few minutes then she stopped and said, Gosh I just can't get over how good you look! It felt great!
Also my endocrinologist I see every six months told me last week, I looked like a new person!!

How awesome!!! What an inspiration you are! I started at 243...pretty close to what you started at. & you have done a wonderful job!!! Congrats!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!!!

Again, congrats & you are truely an inspiration!!!!!!!!!

~Amy
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 20:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Baby, Yea!
Stats: 317/238/199 Male 74 inches
BF:39%/31%/17%
Progress: 67%

After hitting the gym with some heavy weight training I played some softball with some female friends and we had a collision at second base. Needless to stay I didn't even budge and she flew back a couple of feet. She gets up touches my chest and says "OMG, when did this happen?" then she continues to feel my entire upper body and screams out "DAMN!"

I was a very very happy boy that day!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 20:13

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%

One of the women at my kids school, said she didn' t recognize me, thought the woman with my kids was my sister or something. But it was me! I looked so different she said.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 00:55
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Best compliment ever: Can you please explain to me what you're doing and how I can do it, too?

That is good! My tailor asked me that, I brought a bunch of 16/14 size clothes to her and she asked what I did to go down to size 10. Boy was she amazed, lowcarbing is pretty unknown here in Germany so far.

I'm happy for you guys, those compliments are well deserved!!!
It's amazing to see before/after pictures of people because their faces change so much, no wonder people can't recognize them.

Best of luck to all!

Alina
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 01:11

Stats: 290/178/180 Male 68''
BF:?/13%/10%
Progress: 102%

Last week I saw friends (married couple) that moved from here about a year ago. I had not told them anything about my LCing. I met them outside a restaurant; they were already there and facing directly in my direction as I was walking towards them. You know the expression "they didn't recognize me"? Well, they really didn't...I had to walk right up to them and say hello. The look on their faces was priceless: total shock.

Also, a couple of different woman (I am a guy), on separate occasions, who I have not seen for a long time told me I looked great, and then kind of, without thinking said something like, wow you are hot. Nice to be "hot" again. (Now if I could only figure out how to get 3 or 4 inches taller, everything would be perfect).
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 05:26

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:

I `d have to say that the best one was after having spent the afternoon at our friends house and swimming in their pool, my DH saying to me on the way home " Babe, you looked pretty hot in your swimsuit there"...lol..When you get compliments from the person you live with( they see you all the time), then it really hits home.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 05:31

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

All of you and your stories are such an insperation to me!! All of you have done a such a fantastic job!!! I can not wait for the day when I can add one to this thread.

Congradulations to all of you!!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 05:36

Stats: 292/266/180 Male 69 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

I've had several co-workers say to me, "Wow, you're losing lots of weight!" They asked how I was doing it, so I told them. Then, the attitude changed to, "That's not healthy... That diet's going to kill you... Blah Blah fricken Blah" Now, every day when I show up for work, someone has put a few Oreo cookies on my keyboard.

Oh well, the compliments were nice while they lasted
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 06:07

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:

AHHHH the sabotage crew. It`s so easy for people to be so self-rightious when basking in ignorance. I decided to not listen to people`s opinions when they didn`t even entertain the thought of reading up on the Atkins way of life. You just keep it in your head that you know what`s right for you and you keep trucking along. Let me see here....what`s better? High BP, high cholesterol, being a type 2 diabetic, having poor circulation? I stopped trying to defend myself for what I chose to do because I found that it was exausting, when they never attempted to go beyond judging my WOL. I say bollocks to themmmm
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 06:17

Stats: 292/266/180 Male 69 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Thanks, I needed that. One good thing has come from me telling the workgroup how I lost the weight. There are now about 8 people on the floor that I've seen with Dr Atkins book. They are always coming up to me and asking questions about this WOE. I'm hoping that weight loss will spread throughout my workgroup. That should shut the naysayers up!

After all, there's strength in numbers.