Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 12:35
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default The Waiting Game

Anyone find themselves putting things off until you lose X amount of weight? I seem to be thinking like this more and more. Some things are simple, like: I need a new bra, but since I'm bound to lose more off my chest, I'm waiting until I get close to goal weight to go shopping. This seems practical, but in the meantime I'm going through life with questionable support!

Other things are a bigger deal: I've been thinking about waiting until I lose more weight to get family pictures taken, or trying to plan for my Halloween costume and party based on what size I'll be/what I can eat in October.

Is this normal? On the one had it seems so, but I'm worried that my body confidence is suffering due to my focus on low-carbing. I have a tendency to obsess when I diet and I want to avoid that this time. I've even had a couple of dreams recently about counting my carbs! Not a good sign.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 13:18
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Actually I went through it and it is very sad to me now.

It is like I didn't exist at higher weights. I don't have pictures of trips I went on (at least none of me) for years of my life.

I wish I had some old pictures of me ... to see how far I have come and to know who I was and that I was ok.

Don't wait for your life to begin.... it already has.

Just my perspective.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 05:17
Registered Member

Stats: 230/132/119 Female 5'2"
BF:48%/a lot/16%
Progress: 88%

Tell me about it! You are talking to the girl that didn't buy underwear for 2 years because "I was gonna lose more weight". I finally broke down and bought some undies last month. I also never buy clothes other than gym stuff, cause it is stretchy/elastic waist, or t-shirts. I used to get my old ones adjusted to fit me, but it has been over a year since I did that too, so I have nothing that fits me.

My mom moved in with me and she has some stuff that is just 1 size too big and really ill-fitting on me (she has a larger butt and smaller waist, so I look like I am wearing a doily), and that is pretty much what I wear. Not to mention, her taste is... ugh. I will never live down the purple plaid pants. Fortunately, I telecommute, so I just need to look ridiculous when I run errands.

And now I have one added bit of stress: I got some dresses and stuff that was large around the boobs, and found myself thinking "I can't take these to the seamstress cause then when I get my boob job, they will no longer fit".
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 06:10

Stats: 213/163.5/130 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 60%

I know what you mean. I've been putting off buying new clothes for a couple weeks now. I've been of the mindset that I'd wait until things start "falling" off. Of course, my pants are getting there now, not to mention going down in bra size (yikes!). I'm swimming in them. Which, I guess, is a good thing! Though if I go out and buy some, it's only going to be one pair. It can get expensive going out and buying new clothes every 2 months! I can take the loose tops, but the pants are getting to be another deal. My husband bought some new jeans a couple weeks ago, and he's close to going down another size, which will mean another trip to the store for him.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 09:59

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Don't wear ill-fitting, ugly clothes! (Unless you are doing yard work or plumbing repair.) Go to a thrift shop. Get some inexpensive good stuff then take it back when it becomes too big for you. You don't have to buy a whole wardrobe in every size as you get smaller but do try to get a few nice things that fit you. You will feel so much better. Looking good is not the only reason we do this but it is a motivation for many of us.

Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 12:31

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%

I recently bought two pairs of pants and a pair of shorts that are already too big, but they fit better than my old stuff that I could take off without unbuttoning! I got them on clearance so it is not too bad, but I wish I would have bought the next size smaller and worn them tight for a couple of weeks.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 12:54

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Talking

I buy 'em anyway. I figure I will fit them eventually. I don't buy too much stuff because it is a slow process, but I'd rather look good. Last month I couldn't even get a size 12 on w/o laying down first, then this month I almost bought a pair of Ralph Lauren jeans in a size 14, but when I put them up to me, they looked huge, so I bought the 12's. They were snug at first, but by the end of the day, they fit.

Today the size 12 jeans are very comfortable. Glad I didn't buy the 14's, they would have been swimming on me now. It's funny, today I weighed myself and the scale read 179lbs. How is that possible if last month I couldn't get a size 12 over my mid-thigh and now they are comfy--even loose. Can anyone answer that for me?

Last edited by Linda Love : Fri, Aug-22-03 at 12:57.