Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 17:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%
Talking Compliments Anyone?

So it's been very frustrating to lose this weight and have no one notice! Not a single person! I have lost almost 22 lbs. and I know I am heavy (have another 50 to go), but you'd think someone would say something?

Went to a birthday party last week and a bridal shower and yes there were people there that I had not seen in a while...but not a whisper or question or look!

So what this means is: I gained MORE WEIGHT since the last time I had seen them (probably true) and by losing the weight to them I look my normal, albeit, chubby self!

The good news is I NO LONGER CARE! I know I am getting smaller. Got a roll of film back the other day...pics from our anniversary in January. There I am all dolled up and my face and body are huge....I look bloated with triple chins (think Ursula in The Littel Mermaid ). DH and I look at each other....nope he says, you don't look like that anymore...your face is way slimmer (oh yes I did go on Atkins to lose weight on my face...didn't you know? ha ha).

Went shopping today for dress for that upcoming wedding...and I actually fit into a 16 woman's petite...I asked for a bigger size before trying it on....next size was a 22. I also brought that into the changeroom...but lo and behold, the 16 actually fit!!!! And will of course fit even better in a few weeks! Of course I bought it .....on sale and an additional 40% off, how could I resist. Need to model it for DH and decide if I shall keep it!

I will get a pic of me in the new dress and try to scan both pics in!

Froufie

Last edited by Froufie : Tue, Aug-19-03 at 17:31.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 17:29
Registered Member

Stats: 230/132/119 Female 5'2"
BF:48%/a lot/16%
Progress: 88%

That is fantastic! I am sorry you have no one "in real life" to compliment you, but I will compliment you: 22lb lost is a wonderful achievement. Visualize it as 22lb of Crisco - that is a heck of a lot of fat!

And you can fit in a 16, petite's. That is great too, being smaller is even better than weighing less, and you have both.

Good job!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 17:44

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

My compliments to you as well - sometimes people are just so busy worrying how THEY look that they really don't notice - not to worry they soon surely will - you will WOW them in that new dress. Congrats on the smaller size!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 18:13

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Congratulations on your weight loss! 22 lbs. is quite an achievement!! I know your DH is soooo proud of you. I have the same problem though. I have lost 42 lbs. and no one even says anything. Now mind you, they had plenty to say before I lost weight...my in-laws go on and on about how much my DH has lost (50 lbs.) but all they say to me is Ahem..."Well gee Lori, you sure aren't losing very fast are you?" Uggggggh! Makes me crazy but what can you do? Anyway, we are all proud of you here on the forum and you just keep up the good work!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 18:41
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power - slightly modified
Stats: 185/156.5/145 Female 5'7"
BF:gettin' better!
Progress: 71%

Froufie,

Even after 20 pounds gone my primary care physician asked why I hadn't lost as much weight as my DH. How totally annoying ...

I've switched Doc's, lost another ten and still trying to know that I will be the same at 145 or 158 ... but it is hard!!

You're doing great - but try not to get too hung up on the numbers.

Ever Onward,

Holly
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 19:08
Carb Nazi

Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%

Hi Froufee:

You just wait until you hit your goal girl and watch those jaws drop to the floor when you walk in... count on it. mad
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 19:42

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

Froufie - you 've done great. don't let others gt you down. people only notice so-called bad things.. like wrinkles, gray hair, fat, food in between your teeth, etc. it's just the way people are.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 19:48

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Don't worry about what others think... You have done a wonderful job and you should be proud- Congratulations
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 19:51

Stats: 260/167/170 Male 68.5"
BF:30%/15%/11%
Progress: 103%

I had the same "problem" at first. However, the thing people noticed BEFORE they noticed any weight loss, was the cahnge in my "attitude". I became more confident and less embarassed.

As long as your seeing the results, the way you "carry" yourself will change, and that's what people will notice.

And, BTW, CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 20:18

Stats: 286/274/220 Male 6"0
BF:N/A
Progress: 18%
Wink

Its funny how people can tell when you put on weight.They become visual scale experts.Today I got my first complement from some one who see me about every two weeks and if you look at my profile I have'nt lost as much as you.The point I will make is "do it for your self "not for anyone else. Keep up the good work! Oh ya,is this a diet or a WOE,because if its WOE you have all the time in the world.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 20:19

Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%

Congratulations!! And please, on please, post the picture of you looking great dressed for the wedding.

As far as the others go...is it possible they were trying to be polite and not comment on weight at all? I know my thin family drives me crazy when they haven't seen me in awhile and say "oh, you must have lost weight", when I absolutely haven't. Wish they would just politely keep quiet.

Anyway, live for you!!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 20:30

Stats: 210/137/130 Female 4' 11
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Froufie...keep up the great work!!!!

I have been treated the same way as you...I was losing weight and hardly no-one noticed. Even at 25 pounds nobody hardly said anything. Then when I got my loss into the 30's the compliments started coming and now I am at 43 pounds gone and some days I live off of the compliments! Remenber no matter what anyone says...If you are losing...You are winning! this is a tough job for all of us but we are all winners
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 20:35
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I'm proud of you! I can relate to what you are talking about. My family can definitely tell, but I have yet to have ONE person at work say I've lost weight. UGGH! I want to jack-slap them and say I've lost 26 pounds, damnit!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 20:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Dont lose weight for other people, do it for yourself!!!! Although, it sounds vain, it really does feel good to hear compliments. Your hard work is going to pay off, fuck the rest of the world, its all about you.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 20:38

Stats: 188/170/150 Female 5'4"
BF:30
Progress: 47%

Way to go. keep your spirits high and before you know it. People will be looking and then they will want to know your secret. lol and you will be ahead of them and closer to your goal.