Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:23

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Anyone's cravings start up again?

I have been going strong and suddenly out of no where I find myself craving some cornbread and beans like no body's business. I can even smell them. It is driving me crazy. It is back to those same horrible cravings that have taunted me my wholel life until I started atkins. I feel a binge coming on. WHy am I craving like this??? What is happening to me? WAH! I thought they were gone for good. This happens occasionally due to eating something with too much sugar but nothing have I eaten wrong. So what is going on?? I would kill for some cornbread right now
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:26

Plan: just eating junk food!JK
Stats: ???/105/??? Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 100%

hey its probably your TOM. That happens to me too. Eat a lot of legal foods to keep you from binging.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:29

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

You think? Could be. I have felt so rational though ever since I started this. For once I can control myself. Now I feel like it's overtaking me again. Talk me down, man, talk me down!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%

I feel your pain! I crave things too, and thats when I grab the LC bars the most....My boyfriend and roomies stupid friend keeps coming over bringing stuff from the italian restaraunt that he works at and I go out of my mind smelling the garlic rolls and stuff..But I keep saying to myself.....ONE SLIP UP and ILL DO IT AGAIN, and IF I DO IT AGAIN, I WONT LOSE, I'LL GET KNOCKED OUT OF KETOSIS, and ILL GO INSANE!!! Just think, if you dont cheat once, you wont cheat again! And, that one slip up could ruin all the time you have spent up to now, and its just not worth it! Make sure you have no cornbread or beans in your house, and if you do throw it down the sink, or out the window! Dont give in!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/167.2/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I get like this around TOM.

I have tried avoidance and ended up overeating legal foods in an effort to satisfy the craving sending my carbs skyrocketing.

Now I have a little of whatever it is I'm craving....bread, rice, potato, chocolate. And you know what? IT NEVER TASTES AS GOOD AS MY MEMORY THINKS IT DID!!! Just a couple bites and I can throw the rest of it in the garbage without another thought. It costs me only a few carbs and my craving is gone.

I'm not saying this will work for you, or anyone else, but it's what my weird body seems to respond to.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:46

Plan: just eating junk food!JK
Stats: ???/105/??? Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 100%

omg...you are so right cdnbarbie. Last time I cheated, I actually "spitted out" those chocolate and bread, they tasted like cardboard! youre not gonna believe how it tasted so different. Before I started this WOE, I would'nt be able to stop eating chocolate bars once I started a bite. But since I started lcing, my whole idea of "good food" has changed since I cheated.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I haven't tried them but I noticed some Atkins corn muffin mix in the store the other day. If you do try this, let us know if its any good, okay? Good luck!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 15:24

Stats: 155/175/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: -100%

Oh yeah! They come back. I think your body goes through cleansing cycles.

I find that in a few days the cravings go away. I dont use LC snacks I eat lot's of fatty, high protein stuff. You get so full you just gag at the thought of food..any food.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 16:27
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

might also look over what you have been eating recently. Is there any thing new you've added? Did you switch brands on something such as your bacon or so on? You may have a trigger food that when you eat that particular food it sparks cravings again.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 16:33

Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Cravings

I started getting cravings yesterday after I read a few posts about people and their cheat days, lol. I dont have a scale in my house so I went to the neigborhood Walmart to weigh myself and that was enough to stop a cheat day yesterday. Since I cant complain about a "stall" I dont believe I have a cheat day coming to me, ha ha ha!