Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 219/189/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 43%
Wink I Have Been There

Gawdess - I quit smoking 18 October 2002. I will always remember the date. It's a tough road to travel, but when you are "mentally" ready, you will do it. I used the patch...after smoking 17 years (prior to that I quit for 5 years, and prior to that I had smoked for 15 years). It worked for me, in fact I didn't complete the last 2 weeks on the patch because they started to leave placement marks that didn't want to go away. I actually thought that since it wasn't so hard, if I ever went back to smoking, well, later on I could quit again cause the patch was available! But, I didn't (thought about it alot, but didn't) and I am doing okay. I still have a dream once in awhile of lighting up, but what are dreams for, right? I gained weight, yes. But, I told myself that I would quit, gain the weight, and then look to losing. One hurdle at a time, you see. What made me decide to lose weight now? The scales! Both my husband and I are doing lowcarb together, and that makes it good. We are entering into our second week tomorrow. Those who can diet successfully and quit smoking at the same time have my utmost respect...as for me, it was one bad habit at a time. As an ex-smoker now (I hope forever because - an addict is an addict forever) I don't put down other smokers and never will.....I think they have right also, and I firmly believe in separate smoking areas. I have had smokers who have blown me right out the front door with their smoke! People who smoke have lost some of their rights with this whole issue - BUT everyone of us who smoke, or have smoked know it's not healthy for us, and each of us have to work out our own paths toward what we really want to do....quit or not. Just take one day at a time, okay!