Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%

red1cutie: do you drink your 3liters of water a day?I think it might be my kidneys complaining with lack of water as sometimes I forget to drink... too much protein to digest and too little water.

Also it could be related to psyllium husks? Do you take those?

H.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 13:41
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hell, I drink 4 litres of water per day. That's the least I drink. Most days I drink more. Also, I stopped taking the psyllium husk capsules. My protein is on the low side rather than too high.

Peace
red
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 17:46
Registered Member

Stats: 170/160/130 Female 5 Feet 7 Inches
BF:26%/22%/18%
Progress: 25%

Hi Everybody
I hope that everyone's doing well today. I'm a little miffed as I must be premenstural. got home yesterday and went straight to bed. I've never slept so well in my life. I was like a fallen log and just stayed right where I fell. Even harder to get up this morning. I have the heaviest feeling in my legs too.

any tips or tricks anyone would like to share to get rid of the heavy legs during induction whilst being pre menstural?
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 17:49
Registered Member

Stats: 170/160/130 Female 5 Feet 7 Inches
BF:26%/22%/18%
Progress: 25%

NiVargas welcome and yes we are almost the same weight. I'm trying to stick to the induction rules and it's been a week since I weighed myself just so I don't discourage myself too early in the program. I'm sticking to the 20 grams of carbs and getting them mostly from my veggies. I'm in ketosis cause I've got the metallic kind of taste in my mouth which I mainly feel or taste (bizare) when I exhale. My pee smells like chicken so I KNOW I'm on my way. Looking forward to my weigh in on saturday morning. Trying to keep active when I'm not exercising but I'm also trying to treat my body lovingly rather then hate it. You can do this too. All you need is a firm resolve
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 22:11

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up Exercised, 3rd Day...yes!!!

Okay this is my second full week of exercising for 3 days... Trust me it was difficult to get myself motivated...but I did it...

I've been researching Michael Thurmond's Six Week Makeover...anybody heard of it... Man the site is interesting...people lose weight quickly....no fats...no sugar..no added salts... It's based on your body type...apparently I am a type A...an endomorph...no kidding lol... Anyway the plan is expensive...too expensive for me to invest... But I am checking out some of the guidelines...reading the posts to find out...reading the recipes...

His theory is that you need to eat 6 meals a day to increase your metabolism... He also customizes the meal to fit your needs...so to speak... Anyway I got a lot of tips off the site which I'm going to try out...

Eating the 6 meals did give me more energy today... He also stresses eating before workinng about and upping your carb serving one portioin before the workout... Thought that might give me more energy for my workout tomorrow....will let you know...

P.S. Cheated today...2 slices of pizza... Oh well back on the wagon tomorrow...

Good Luck All...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Thu, Aug-14-03 at 22:14.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 23:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:
Smile

hey all,

hope everyone's ok.

hellraiser & redcutie, how are you going, did you figure out the rash problem?

skeeweeaka, it is better to eat 6 times a day rather than 3 big meals, but they need to be smaller meals. hey, don't worry about the pizza, as long as you enjoyed it and are back on track.

junebug, are you taking supplements for the legs, isn't it magnesium/potassium? try those.

have a great day all
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 06:31

redcutie: I think I know now what is the reash all about. Go to this thread and read:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=1300477

It's too much of an acid that is on fatty meats and egg yolks acumulating in the body. Cut all the meat fat and eggs and up your water and I think it will go away. Mine is getting more pink and I have no new pimples.

Tell me what you think.
H.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 16:22

Stats: 200/170/130 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default a late comer

Hello everyone. I read a lot of your posts and have found them inspiring. Are you all happy with your progress so far?

Today is August 15, and I also need to lose some pounds reasonably fast.

I have a date to meet with an old boyfriend the first week of November. Now I'm wondering, What have I got myself into?!!! I am kind of freaking out. Well, maybe this is the motivation I need to kick it up a notch.

I know that it is such a cliche to lose weight for a reunion, but I can't help myself.

I have lost about 15 pounds over the summer, and I would like to average a 10 pound a month weight loss between now and november first. Has anyone lost weight that quickly? Tips? How did you do it? I want to lose 25 pounds in two and a half months.

I feel like I am preparing for war.

Can I join your forum?
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 17:36

Default Weights...ugh

Cathie...thanks for the advice...the frequent meals seem to be working...my body feels a litle warmer than usual....like its burning fat lol...yes!!! Noticed today that my arms are smaller and my legs... Won't measure but it's looking good... Also did 15 minutes of upper body weights today...

Anewlife welcome...You can do it by November...everyone here has useful tips you will find lots of motivation and information....

Good luck to all...
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 09:35

Stats: 232/184.5/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Love the sound of this group

Hi,, new here on this forum..love the idea of losing 20 more pounds. I have been on the low carb since Feb and have lost 47.5 lbs. Im stuck right now. I too am going again on vacation to see my skinny 97lb siser in california...need your help on pushing me..

I have not had bread or sugar since Feb, the water intake is easy but Im starting to get bored. I see the South Beach Diet information more now and want to know if anyone is on it? Results?

again, help me to push toward my goal, 20 lbs at a time!
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 09:48
"Natural Mystic"

Hi everyone!

The blackout is finally over, well at least for now. Lastnight we got power back and it has stayed on.

Thanks Hell for the link! Thanks Cathy for your concern.

My rash has gotten a bit better it is still there but no longer itching and less red since I stopped scratching it. Everyday since I started Atkins in February, I drink at least 4 liters of water.

I have decided to cut out chesse since I recently started eating it every day and I will stay away from beef. I have not been eating eggs but I will stay away from stuff that has eggs added in.
Quote:
I have a date to meet with an old boyfriend the first week of November. Now I'm wondering, What have I got myself into?!!! I am kind of freaking out. Well, maybe this is the motivation I need to kick it up a notch.

I know that it is such a cliche to lose weight for a reunion, but I can't help myself.

have lost about 15 pounds over the summer, and I would like to average a 10 pound a month weight loss between now and november first. Has anyone lost weight that quickly? Tips? How did you do it? I want to lose 25 pounds in two and a half months.

I feel like I am preparing for war.
Welcome AnewLife! Of course you can join, the more the better. It's not a cliche, it's whatever it takes to motivate us to get where we want to be. Typically, the more you have to lose the more you lose per month and even if you don't lose as much as you would like too, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that you do, at least you will be closer to your goal, right? Drinks lots of water. Eat six meals a day--by breaking up your big meals into smaller ones. Exercise, at least 5 times per week. Keep you fat up I keep mine above 70% because I lose better when my fat is higher. Make sure you are getting adequate protein (1g for every 1 pound of lean body mass). Use this site to determine your lean body mass, click here: Body Fat Calculator Measure your hips at their widest point, and your abdomen at the umbilicus (i.e., belly button). It is critical that you measure at the belly button and not at the narrowest point of your abdomen. Take each of these measurements three times and compute the average. Make sure you eat your veggies, that's where most of your carbs should come from. Good luck!

The good news is so far this month I have lost 3 pounds and I am at 146. I am happy.

Have a great Saturday!

Peace
red

Last edited by red1cutie : Sat, Aug-16-03 at 09:55.
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 09:54
"Natural Mystic"

Hi Itzdeb! Welcome. Congrats on losing 47.5 pounds thats awesome.

I started in February and have lost less, 32 pounds. Atkins is great, IMHO you should stick with it because that's how you got to where you are now.

Sometimes your body needs sometime to recouperate, especially after losing so much. Perhaps you should mix up your workouts. Just be patient and stick with this plan. On any diet you will have stalls (6 weeks without losing pounds or inches) or periods when your body "rests" at a certain weight. Make sure you are checking your measurements. Hang in there. Good luck.

Peace
red
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 11:34

NiVarga....Your right walking is better than nothing....Keep it up... I know it's hard.... Sometimes I just have to get up and go, otherwise, forget it...

itzdebb...Welcome to the forum...YOU'VE DONE TERRIFIC... I wish I were you...so jealous... I heard about South Beach...you might want to try eating more frequent meals...smaller which also should speed up your metabolism more... Also, sometimes sodium can cause a stall...try decreasing your salt intake for a week and see if things change...

Red... Sorry to hear you were in that terrible blackout... Geez...all food spoiled...now that would break my budget... Hope your doing okay, otherwise... Looks like your weight loss is going well.... I'm back at 196...now let's see how I do from there... I have noticed that my arms and legs are smaller... Tried on my short today....but still a huge roll...and my hips haven't budged... They are usually the last to go....oh well..

Good luck all...and have a good weekend...
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 15:39

Stats: 232/184.5/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the quick responses...I will prob just stick with atkins because it has worked so well with me,,,I think I should prob cut back on the no/low carb candy bars..lol Does anyone have any thoughts on the carb blockers? Do they work? I would love to have just one piece of corn on the cob before the crops are all gone...I have been researching new recipes on the net so I don't get bored and this site is awesome for help, its gonna get crazy for me Im sure...I will come back and read this site often...thanks
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 18:08

The power is back on in Toronto... what a bad 13 hours it was.

Welcome to the new members and good luck, you came to the righ place; here we all want to loose waight FAST!

skeeweeaka: salt put me into a 3 week stall that I'm still trying to get out of now!

Take care,
H.