Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 07:24

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%
Unhappy week 3 help

I'm at the end of week 3 and i lost about 3.5-4 lbs in the first 2, I've lost nothing in 3. Which is ok I guess, but disapointing. I did eat too much cream i realized (it's in all the damn recipies!) and the pms and chocolate cravings got the best of me..though I managed to eat only the fake sugar stuff...the endulge bars really helped there, and probably hurt the weight loss. my hubby, of course, lost about 10 lbs so far..and he has less to lose than I do. I always get on him fornot eating breakfast till like 3 pm, but it seems to have been working for him.Isn't that irritating? So, I tried to work out this week a few times to help, but nada. Maybe if you guys could post some menus to help me out, or tell me the same thing happen to you and then in week four...woooosh you lost 5 lbs, that would rock. I'm still always sleepy.
Here's my menu for yesterday (and i was out of town and on the road..so i'm proud of myself)

1- omlette w/mushrooms, bacon, 2 cheeses and decaf coffee with cream
2- lobster bisque then 3 shoft shell crabs in butter w/garlic and a little green salad w/cucumber and tomato and olive oil
3- somekind of peparoni stick from a quickstop on the road
4- curried egg and tuna sald and Endulge bar
5- I had a few bites of hubby's tuna over salad with some kind of salty creamy sauce that I didn't like.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi! You've answered your own question. Your menu is fine, except for the Endulge bars. I'd save 'em for when you're at goal. If you click on the icon at the bottom of peoples' posts, you'll see their journals. Most people with journals use them to track their menus. Mine will be there, but I'm in maintenance, so... A good place to look is the Atkins forum, where you'll find other people on OWL.

It's typical for weight loss to go in spurts and there's not much that can be done about it - try to take it day by day. Your body is the boss.

In the meantime, enjoy! Think of the low-fatters and how much they'd love your lobster bisque and omellettes.

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Aug-14-03 at 08:53.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Yes, it's normal to have periods where you don't lose. I think everyone experiences them. Just hang in there. Congratulations on your weight loss so far! And yes, it seems like men can usually lose faster...life is not fair.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:02

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%

How do people work out eating low carb? I don't have highs and lows anymore due to sugar crashes, but I can't really have a work out. My legs feel like led.
Another thing I wanted to add was the ketostix. I know not to trust them so much, but for the first two weeks they were always either pink and once in a while purple. This whole week it's neutral all day and I will get a hint of pink later in the day...once in a while I'll get a dark pink.
I decided to stay with induction untill I lost some more fat. So I'm sticking with 20g's and no fruit/nuts/etc. Or do you guys think it's ok to add those things now but stay under 20g's?
I want some strawberries!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:09
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I found I did fine on 20 carbs but some people do increase.

Have you tried working out?
Have you tried eating some of your 20 carbs before your workout?

Just wondering before you increase.