Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 21:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/171/154 Female 161 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default low carb ice cream

HI, does anyone know where you can buy Peters low carb ice cream in Sydney? Am desperate for a fix!!
ta
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 16:00

Plan: My own
Stats: 126/126/119 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Coles - Manly

I have seen the Peter Low Carb Ice Cream in Coles in Manly. Coles have two stores in Manly (monopoly!), and I have only seen it in the new one. I haven't bought or tried the ice cream myself.
Hope that helps.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 16:30

BF:
Progress:
Default lo carb ice cream

thanks for the reply....anyone seen it anywhere closer to western sydney?? ta muchly
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 07:21

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 281/231/160
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi,
Can't help the Sydneysiders with ice cream but for the Low Carbers in Adelaide I saw the Peters Carbohydrate Modified Icecream at Coles at Hollywood Plaza just yesterday. So it may be worth checking your local Coles store if you are hanging out for icecream, Cheers Lyn
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 22:36

Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

If I find out where it is in Western Sydney Mjay, you'll find me right there with you!!!

I am in Quakers Hill, whereabouts are you?

Katt
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 23:31

BF:
Progress:

I am in the Pentrith area - if I find any I will let you know. The staff at GNC in Penrith Plaza are very helpful and stock some Atkins products.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 17:49

BF:

I grew up in Penrith, what a small world.

There is no GNC terribly close to Quakers, closest are Winston Hills & Parramatta & Penrith, but I work in the city where there are 2 which is good.

Maybe we should ask at our local Coles whether they can start stocking Peters Low Carb Icecream - but I don't have a Coles for miles, it's all Woolies near me.

Katt
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 21:12

BF:
Progress:

Found in western sydney!!! I found the Peters carb modified ice cream in Coles in Nepean Plaza at Penrith. It is in a white 2L container with a white lid and a pale lime green label. Tastes v. yummy with a few berries as a weekend treat. Also tried the Darrel Lea carb free choc - not bad - one piece per week as a treat. Dont know if the DL shops stock it, but I ordered some thru POH website.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 21:59

BF:

ohhhhh..... you have made my day!!! Am away in Melbourne for work this week, but will take a trip to Coles ~ Penrith on Friday!!! I grew up in Penrith so I know that store well!

Goody goody goody!!!!! I think my life is now complete!

BTW the Darrell Lea stores do sell their low-carb chocolate, it's $2.20 a bar. They also sell splenda-sweetened lollies (that are a bit like Starbursts), boiled lollies and choc-covered almonds. HOWEVER if you have a sweet tooth like me you have to remember that EXCESS CONSUMPTION MAY HAVE A LAXATIVE EFFECT.....

Katt
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 19:22

BF:

Woo hoo, found Peter's carb-modified ice-cream in Coles at Norwest in Baulkham Hills!!! It is still 3.5g carbs per 100ml or so, but better than full-sugar ice-cream for sure!!!

Had some on Saturday with LC choc syrup and crushed nuts, my goodness it tasted decadent!!!

Katt
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:30

Stats: 76/00/00 Female 167cm
BF:
Progress:
Default STOP! Don't buy lc icecream ... make it!

I made some lc icecream from the Atkins book and it was UNBELIEVABLY good! It was sweetened with Splenda, (I'm not sure what the Peters version is sweetened with but I'm sure it's nasty). I borrowed an icecream maker to test it out and went and bought one the next day at Harvey Norman for $69 (they used to be over $100). I made chocolate icecream by adding some cocoa and it was as good as any icecream I've ever tried - lc or not! It only took 10 mins or so to prepare the "custard" to make the icecream and then you pour into the icecream maker and it churns it for you and 45 mins later you have yum-o icecream. The only downer is that it didn't keep very well and was quite hard and icy the next night but I don't think I cooked the custard long enough and that may have affected the consistency. If anyone else has managed to keep icecream for a couple of days please send me some tips.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 15:52
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos
The only downer is that it didn't keep very well and was quite hard and icy the next night but I don't think I cooked the custard long enough and that may have affected the consistency. If anyone else has managed to keep icecream for a couple of days please send me some tips.

I was wondering about that. Have been looking at icecream makers in the last week or so but I really don't want to buy one if the icecream doesn't keep. What brand of icecream maker did you buy?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 16:23

Stats: 76/00/00 Female 167cm
BF:
Progress:

I borrowed a Phillips icecream maker but I bought a 1.5 litre Kenwood. There was a Breville one too, but it only made 1 litre. I haven't tried the Kenwood yet, but will probably test it out tonight. I'll post the results of my testing.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 17:25
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

I will be interested in your results. I need to do some searches on icecream making to find out if you can make icecream that doesn't freeze rock hard. I think I read somewhere on this site that glycerine and alcohol can help stop this from happening.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 20:00

BF:
Progress:

Hi all....I had an ice cream making attempt a few months ago....didnt work out too well!! Used an adapted 'normal' ice cream recipe - ie. eggs, cream, spenda etc cooked into a custard and then a friend lent me her ice cream maker. Well, for the first 5 mins all was fine and then the custard mixture froze solid on the outside and the paddle would not turn!!! Had to eat the soft stuff from the middle straight out of the bowl!!! I think it must be because cream freezes at a lower temp than millk??? Anyone got any ideas? I eat the Peters stuff sometimes, but would rather make my own.