Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/146/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

(Officially) Day 1:

While working out I kept thinking how miserable I was. How stupid I am to have gone public, even drawing in DD (aka Cutie), doing a photo session together last night and showing DH the Journal. Cutie is starting her own journal and exercise journey today and I won't lie and say it was great, she's gotta learn. I might have waited to see if this is my kinda thing first because it most assuredly is NOT.

I didn't hit any 10's but got a few 9's and the dumbbell bench press didn't hit my chest til I got to the higher weights. Before then I felt them in my triceps and biceps. The flies were better, will start with them and do the bench presses as my High Point next UB day. For awhile I wondered if I really should give getting out to the gym for the equipment to be a necessity. I'm still undecided but mostly I need to work on my dumbbell form and concentrate on the targeted muscle.

I didn't get enough sleep was quickly worn out. Didn't even want the post workout shake. Grabbed some cut-up melon while I made it and then tried to drink it in three sessions. Was too exhausted and unhappy to work on any of the 5 other things to work on toward my 12 week goal. I did something I HATE to do - wasted daylight by falling deep into the bed and staying there for four hours after I realized I didn't have the strength to make myself breakfast or even get dressed. The nap was great and now I'm feeling normal.

So, this is the positive pressure I have to work through? No wonder the After photos in the book are so dramatic. This requires a MAJOR effort and concentration. This is the biggest, most challenging thing I've taken on (other than the kids) in some time. I'm not grinning, I'm at the tucking my head down to get through it stage.