Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 20:11
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I can not sit down and drown an 8oz glass of water, then I probably would be sick of water. Things I've found that help though are

1. The water here is nasty (I used to have strait tap at old house) so I have a Brita filter now. The refridgeration helps as well because I hate stale warm water.

2. I have a large hospital cup (64oz) I just keep refilling throughout the day while I'm at home. I continually sip so I don't really have to force myself.

3. On walks or trips to the store I refill my large water bottle (1.5 liter). This means I always have water handy for when I get thirsty.

4. I limit myself on other drinks. I only have 1 diet rite every few days. In the morning I will usualy have a cup of coffee and take a drink of water after each sip of coffee. I will occasionaly have tea in the evening. I found anymore alcohol makes me really nausious, so that is extreamly rare.

My skin has improved a ton and as longas I watch my salt I think my water retention is un der control. Yes I do pee alot though Another bonus to my drinking a ton more water, is my kids are also drinking more. My son has always liked water, and now that I have my bottle with me he can constantly get drinks too. This is really good for the hot summer wheather when we take our walks. I don't have to worry as much about the kids getting overheated or dehydrated.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/172/130 Female 5'4
BF:I can do this!!!
Progress: 30%

LadyBelle You have some cuties on your hands for sure....=) Tamara
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:47

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default question...

I drink lots of tea.

Tea is simply water with tainted with some leaves. So, wouldn't drinking tea be essentially the same?
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 05:42
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 238/217/200 Male 76 inches
BF:17/15/7
Progress: 55%

i finish off 2 gallon jugs a day so 248 oz a day, more if i do a heavy gym day.

i love water tho, always have, never been much for any sodas., just water and juice even before low carb

Last edited by joe_ : Sat, Aug-09-03 at 05:45.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 05:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins For Life
Stats: 176/159.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:Unwanted Rolls
Progress: 36%

I read an article yesterday that said double the weight that you want to lose and drink that much in ounces. ie. 40 pounds to lose=80 ounces. I think its a little over the top if you have more than 40 pounds to lose.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 10:29
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Tea is simply water with tainted with some leaves. So, wouldn't drinking tea be essentially the same?

No, because many teas are duretics. You would be dehydrating yourself instead of rehydrating. Drink more water, esp for those runs, you're poor muscles need the water.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 14:11

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
No, because many teas are duretics. You would be dehydrating yourself instead of rehydrating. Drink more water, esp for those runs, you're poor muscles need the water.

Thanks Ladybelle.

I do drink water after my runs, usually about 32 ounces. It's just during the rest of the day, I seem to prefer tea. Hard to imagine drinking the required amounts of water and tea. Last thing I want is to start feeling like a fish.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 10:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%

It seams common we need to drink as much water as you can stand during the weightloss phase. When someone has reached their goal and continues low-carbing as a lifestyle it just may not be nessary to comsume the same huge amounts of water?