Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 15:57
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 164/164/150 Female 64
BF:164/164/150
Progress: 0%
Default off to bed

Hi just wanted to say thanks for all the help I have had over the last 12 days,Its been fantastic.
I have had a long day, childminding,then icecream van and just done 3 hours babysitting, fitting in my own house and kids inbetween.
Anyway end of day 12 and not cheated yet,(a first for me).
I am haveing a feast on brocllie(can never spell) with garlic butter and cheese.
I am now 4lb down and am amazed. All my friends cannot belive it as I was the only one when we when to slimming club that only lost 1/2 or so every other week.I never lost in the first week like all the others and I was starveing all the time. On low carb I have not been hungry yet.
Anyway will off to bed as I'm back on the grind tomorrow
fiona
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 16:02
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

well done fiona i am so pleased for you, dont forget to go into your profile and change your weight as you loose, so you can see your progress, beside the little man running away with what looks like a sausage!!
Good night and keep up the good work
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 17:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

LMAO i've never really looked at that before. What on earth is it? Looks a bit more like a tampax than a sausage lol.

Congratulations Fiona
Where on earth do you find that amount of will power? I know i would of given in by now working on an ice cream van in this heat!! WELL DONE
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 00:14
Registered Member

I can not find little man with sausage!!!!!!!! (to change my weight)
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 12:58
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%

Hi Fiona,

Congratulations on your 4 lbs off

To change your weight, go to the top of the page and click on profile. When you get that screen up, click on profile (second left next to user control panel). That will bring you up a screen where you can enter your current weight. Once you have done that, save the changes and your new weight will now show up underneath your name etc.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 15:46
Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbie.B
LMAO i've never really looked at that before. What on earth is it? Looks a bit more like a tampax than a sausage lol.

Congratulations Fiona
Where on earth do you find that amount of will power? I know i would of given in by now working on an ice cream van in this heat!! WELL DONE

Trust you to lower the tone!! Mind you looking at it you may be right
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 00:30
Registered Member

Default 4 is now 5

Thanks Lynda I found the sausage thing and changed my weight.This is day 14 and I have lost 5lb, dropped another lb from yesterday, seems so strange for me to lose more then a lb a week.yipppppppppppppie.
I know it will slow down. People keep telling me it will go back on. But not if I keep up this woe. I have not had wind as I suffered load before and as yet no migrain.The only thing I miss now and again is toast.
I was babysitting last night and the people left out bikkies and crisps,when I said I was on the atkin diet."oh don't be silly" was the reply from the stick woman,you look fine to me.Well I don't look fine to me I mumbled under my breath as I smiled sweetly.So I ignored the crisps screaming at me to eat them and had some cheese and cucumber from their fridge.When stick woman retuned she could not belive I had'nt eaten them, and said "I felt sure you would give in,I never eat things like that myself of cause". No of cause not you smug stick insect I thought, that's why you are thin and I'm not.Floating about in you'r white linnen suit looking stunning BHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Anyway not jealous at all!!!!!!!!!
Feel better now.
Fiona
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 03:07
Yo-Yo

Glad you found how to change your weight with the sausage man!! what you should also do is start a journal if you click into active low cartb forum at and go to the threads called introduce yourself one of the first few posts tell you how to start a journal!! Its a great way to keep track of how your diet is going thoughts feeling wot youve eaten wot you havent, waht your missing, and if you have been good or bad!!
Well done with the weight loss keep up the good work and you will be like STICK woman!! Just remember nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:40

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Well done Fiona. How fantastic to have loss those 5 pounds.

I can so relate to not losing much in the first week on most diets. The most I'd ever lost before was 3 pounds and I managed 6 so it really inspired me to keep going and now 61 pounds later I am still going!!!!