Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:43

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default overwhelming temptation and I DIDN'T cheat!!!!

I am SO excited!!! Today has been a TOUGH day...I accompanied my dh today to a very stressful event involving his family....we stopped for breakfast at IHOP on the way. I ordered eggs, bacon, and sausage...and ate that while my husband had a huge plate of pancakes and hot syrup sitting on the table! It smelled SO good...but I remembered that to get this weight off and feel as good as I've been feeling that I had to resist. He even offered me a bite! (I recently had two cheat days and am going for at least 4 weeks w/ no cheating/eating high carbs.) THEN...we met some of his family and before the event started everyone wanted to walk down the street for....DONUTS!!!!....fresh, hot, just baked donuts. WOW was that hard...it smelled luscious in that place...but I made it through...sat there and watched everyone else eat donuts and did not have a bite....after the event we went out to eat...I wanted so badly to throw in the towel...it was very stressful...I wanted to just have a burger and fries with a friggen coke for goodness sake! But I didn't do it...I sat there and ate my bunless bacon cheeseburger, enjoyed every minute of it...and felt GREAT that I was able to resist the huge amount of temptation today!

I made it. This is a new wol and I actually did it!!!!

And I have officially decided that I will start taking my Diet Rite in with me whenever I eat out from now on (and maybe even my pork rinds and cream cheese if it's a burger place!)...maybe they'll get the hint!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252/230/165 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%

That's fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! Wouldn't it have been horrible to give in for a silly hamburger bun and fries after all of that hard work passing up donuts and pancakes??
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:49

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

wooo hooo, good for you.. you did awesome today.. rather than thinking of it as a cheat you could consider it a healthy eating choice... sometimes I think the fact that we think of 'cheating' means we feel like we are on a diet.. diets seem to feel restricting... anyway.. you are on the road to success... heres to many more good eating choices!!

Cheers,
j
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:29

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

Great work Freckles! You have reason to be very pleased. Thanks for sharing that. The world is full of temptations and challenges. Its almost as if family and friends tempt us on purpose at times. You certainly rose to the challenge. It will be easier next time. Congratulations, You're a winner!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:40

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

that is incredible. you shld feel VERY proud of yourself that you were true to your goals and didn't let yourself down! excellent!! I love threads like this!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:48

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

All right Freckles! Just the smell of maple syrup gets me and donuts?...oh my. You SHOULD be proud of yourself! I am sure proud of and for you!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 20:05

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

WTG! You held onto your commitment to a healthier, slimmer you! AWESOME!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 20:08

Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%

Well done!