Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: SYNDROME X
Stats: 252/162/150 Female 65 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 88%
Smile Syndrome X/insulin Resistance

Greetings from Wisconsn,
I was diagnosed as insulin resistant in early July. I dug up everything I could find to battle this little known disease (at least to me) I am following the book to the letter and have lost 17lbs to date. However, I have NEVER cheated and have remained stable for 6 days . I am very happy about the results, I have combated weight problems for 20 years,I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 32. To finally have an answer to my prayers and a plan is tremendous. The Syndrome X diet is low carb, low fat (only olive oil) and low calorie. A little tough but i haven't felt hungry and I am pumped!!! I walk 3 miles a day but I am looking for another form of exercise for home (not the treadmill, tried it-hated it) Finding this website was a Godsend for me. For the most part I am doing this alone. Thanks for being here!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi and welcome to the forum! I am not knowledgable about your diet but just wanted to say that we are glad you joined us. Do you like to do any of the exercise videos available? I have several that I enjoy. Good luck in your diet and also with your health problems. Keep us posted!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

On any weight loss plan, it is normal, usual and to be expected that a period of quick loss will be followed by days or even weeks of no loss while your body adjusts to the new situation. Kind of like "catching your breath" before taking off on the next downward run. Keep to your plan and be patient. You may lose inches and size while the scales (temporarily) stand still.

The vigourous exercise may also be adding lean muscle tissue which balances out the fat you are losing. The scales seem to stand still but many things are still going on in your body.