Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/243/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Names Michelle

Hi there,I am 25 years old and I am so new here and im hopeing that I can find the same results as you all have found.I started the ATKINS diet this past weekend but I seem to be haveing a lil trouble staying away from foods I know are too fatty for me lol! Anywho today I had 2 hambuger patties both with bacon on them and cheese, then for dinner about an hour ago I had 3 lil frozen haliut falliets..Im really wondering if thats okay? I see everyone recomends for me to get the book..But recently I am out of work and can not afford one..What do I do till I can get the money for the book?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Here is the food list:
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html
Follow it exactly, no cheating!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:31

BF:
Default Atriana!

Thank you so much..I seen that list here and printed it out just befor I left the message here. Reading everyones storys and seeing all the help you all give to eachother is a very great and helpful way to make me stay ontop of my goals!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:33

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello Michelle and welcome. There are a couple of things you could do.
1. go to www.atkinscenter.com and check out their site. This is Dr. Atkins own site and there is lots of information there including "how to do Induction" and what foods are allowed on Induction and later.

2. Go to your local library and see if they have any of Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution books. Or if they can get them from another library. Secondhand / used bookstores are also a good source of cheap copies.

One thing that will startle you is that a person on low carb does NOT have to worry about the fat in the food - meat, butter, olive oil, mayonnaise, eggs and more. That is "good fat" and will help you lose weight. The stuff to beware of is sugar, starch, flour, wheat, bread crumbs, baked goods and breads, and processed foods, transfatty acids and more.

You can eat any meat, fish, eggs, limited cheeses, along with salad greens and veggies, and cooked veggies (but check the list at the Atkins Center). You'll find lots to think about at atkinscenter.com

All the best and welcome to the board.

#5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:40

BF:
Default Tofi!

Thank you so so much for the info..Lord knows I can use all the help I can get.I way 243 now and im hopeing by September I can drop least about 15 pounds if not more! I will put this this forums link in my favs and check back everyday just to get that boost I need from all of you! Thank you so much and wish me LUCK!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

Michelle, I am brand new today also and in approximate same weight range and only been on plan for two weeks. Want to "buddy" up?

maryb55
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 23:16

BF:
Default Maryb55!

Sure hun that sounds like a great idea! Please tell me what and how do we buddy up?Im game for anything!