Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 16:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

My hubby was a corpsman too! Got out after making first class but went into civil service at a Naval Hospital. He was instructed to make some "changes" in test procedures to save money which he refused to do because it would have put patients lives at risk. Was told he would have to and long story short, he quit with almost 30 years in and 5 years to go to retirement age. Know what though? He can look at himself in the mirror each morning. I don't think you ever really lose by doing the right thing so try to remember that. Agree about some of the doctors too but I guess you've got good ones and bad ones everywhere. All that being said, try to not let the stress make you make wrong food choices. It just makes you more miserable in the end. Been there, done that. I know all about those huge life changes too...had several of those too. When you get your posts up where you can PM someone and they can PM you I will have to tell you some of it sometime. I think you get PM privledges the day after you make your 25th post. This forum helps take your mind off life for a while so use it to your benefit. I do!
Lori