Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 13:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/181/149 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default stalling on induction

I have been on induction for three and a half weeks. The first two weeks I lost 13 lbs. and then nothing since. I am eating one Atkins Advantage bar a day but don't understand how this can stall weight loss. I can barely get 20 grams of carbs in a day which seems to be the nature of induction. Most allowable foods have liitle or no carbs and I have been very strict on this plan so far. I am also exercising a lot, but I was doing that before the diet anyway. I want to lose a total of 40 lbs. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 14:05
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome fellow Midwesterner!

First of all, the weight loss is not going to be consistent. Your body has an adjustment period after the first couple of weeks when you may not see any further loss. Hang in there, it will happen again.

Second, the bars have been known to stall some. I'm not sure of the specifics, they just do. If you want to resume losing those would be the first things I eliminate.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 14:13
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

This is a very common situation, so don't lose heart. I lost 15 pounds during the first two weeks of Induction, then stalled (even gained a pound or two) for four weeks, even though I was still following the rules od Induction. Then, without changing a thing, I started losing again at the rate of about 2 pounds a week.

Keep at it, and maybe knock those bars down to just a few times a week. Your weight loss will resume. You may even find you get the ever-sought-after "whoosh" where you lose 5 pounds overnight!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 14:15

Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

This is very common. I lost weight the first two weeks and then NOTHING for another 3 weeks. I actually gained and lost the same 5 pounds over and over for 3 weeks. It was very frustrating but finally I started moving again. Just keep it up and be patient. YOur body is adjusting and you will see the scale go down again but be prepared for even a few more weeks before that happens.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 15:20

Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%

I have lost NOTHING the first 2 1/2 weeks on Induction. Started loosing inches during week 3. Now I have some weightloss during week 4. I was obsessed with Keto-stix and used them all (50) during weeks 3 & 4. I am still obsessed with the scale and weigh myself upon waking and before sleeping. Stalls are frustrating and can be a downer. But everyone who is successful has stuck it through!

best regards
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 15:27

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I would try cutting out the advantage bars and drink at least 100oz of water a day and see what happens. The bars never stalled me the last time but when I introduced them this time my weight loss came to a halt. I then stopped eating them then my weight loss picked up again. Good Luck to you!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 15:31

Stats: 208/205/150 Female 64 IN
BF:
Progress: 5%

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged- stalls in weeks 3 and 4 seem to happen a lot! I lost 18 pounds in the first two weeks, then only 4 pounds since (halfway through week 5)- but the weight is still slowly coming off.

I would cut out the Atkins bars, or at least cut them down- it was only once I started being stricter about what I ate that I started losing again.

Hang in there!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 15:48
Registered Member

Stats: 290/228/190 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 62%

your story is really really really common.
Did u measure before?

I would bet you are loosing inches.

I know in week 3-5 i lost almost no lbs but i did loose inches.

If you have not measured do so today.

It got me thru the 2 weeks of nothing after starting all gangbusters in the first two.

Remember this is a WOE not a diet and keep at it the benefits will show up when u least expect it..especially when you get your first whoosh after induction..
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 18:12
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I have found that eating an Advantage Bar everyday stalls me, too. I now only eat them 2 or 3 times per week at most.