Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 10:58
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I once did 2 1/2 years without cheating. Most of the time I can avoid it since I know what I can substitute, but every once in a while, a baked potato with all the fixings is a good thing.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:07
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Never cheated since starting on Feb 19th, 2003. Can't afford to I lose too slowly.

Peace
red

#18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:47
Registered Member

Stats: 287/225/190 Male 69"
BF:ALL
Progress: 64%

2 months, no cheat... Not even on my birthday.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:52

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Kimba, way to go so far - over 14 lbs in just over 5 weeks. Be proud of yourself. In answer to your question though, no, I have not "cheated". I began Atkins the end of April and with lots of support from my little boy and husband have been able to stay on plan. I agree with many of the above responses too. This is a way of life, not a diet. I am doing this for me and I refuse to cheat myself. Good luck and just know that you can do it!!
Marie
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 12:12

Plan: Primal
Stats: 132/125/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the link to that online health food store. I will have to try the bagels and bread... not to overdo it, but just to broaden my "acceptable" food list... repetition of the same food over and over again is what makes me want to cheat.

Also, I also have not binge eaten since starting Atkins... I was leary about starting a new "diet," because I have suffered for years with eating disorders, particularly binge eating. However, the way Atkins has helped curb my cravings has made a world of difference. In addition, my improved mental clarity and emotional/energy stability throughout the day has totally changed me. I no longer seek food for comfort and stuff myself throughout the day. If I don't lose my weight from low-carbing, I'll certainly lose it from the changed lifestyle and the absence of bingeing.

Have a good one!
Tangie
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 12:23
Registered Member

Stats: 223/185/165 Male 71"
BF:Too high, duh!
Progress: 66%

I'm into my third month and I haven't cheated. Haven't even been tempted.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 12:39

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 353/298.5/199 Male 6'2"
BF:No Idea
Progress: 35%

I started April 1st 2003 and haven't strayed from the induction food list. I may be a bit of a weirdo, but my daily diet for the entire time has been almost unchanged. God I'm boring.

Lately, I have been thinking of cheating, but I think its because I'm in a massive depression. As I get more depressed, I tend to think of cheating.. and this week has sucked.

In fact, last night I had my fourth cheating dream since I started doing Atkins. In it, I ate a single Hot tommale (SP) candy - then freaked out and tried to spit all of it out of my mouth. Stranger still is the fact that I don't like those candies... there are so many others that I do like, why that one?
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 12:43

Stats: 323/291.8/220 Male 77
BF:34.0
Progress: 30%

It is not so much of a cheat thing as it is a chosen way of life. So, since I started, I haven't "cheated" at all but then again, I chose this WOL
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 14:58

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

I haven't but I think I might soon. I have a taste for certain things and am going to make it worth it.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 15:08

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I haven't cheated but have only been on for 8 weeks. It hasn't been hard really since I lost my cravings after induction. Also I'm really afraid of readdicting myself. I had a serious problem with sugar. I figure as long as I don't want it, why take the chance? Good luck to everybody!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 15:18

Stats: 270/227/215 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I am in my fifth week, and have cheated four times. Three times in four days... in the past 6 days. Make it through today though, and I will be "cheat free" for 3 days in a row again though.

It's every day, one day at a time. It really gets more tempting when your weight loss has slowed to a crawl, compared to what it was... My goal though is not to cheat, but I'm not going to smack myself around when I do...just get back on the "bicycle"!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 16:12
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

I started LC June 15, 2003 and I haven't cheated at all. The closest I came is yesterday, when I bought a bag of Russell Stover SF Peanut Butter Cups. I had told myself to stay AWAY from the sugar alcohols, because I see so many people here stalling after eating them. But I had ferocious cramps...ate 2 of them and was satisfied. No problem. And no cramps today. I'm going to keep the bag in my desk drawer here at work -- I'll have 2 more next month.

Jeannie
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 18:40

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I started July 11, 2002 and haven't cheated yet.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 19:18
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Nah...Why cheat? Get hungry, eat a LOBSTER! Want a snack...eat a LOBSTER!
Hmm....I can see a very expensive pattern developing here...maybe It is time to change the LOBSTER to say, a BURGER! LOL!

No CHeats here! Too many GREAT foods allowed!
Might be guilty of an extra helping of spinach on occassion...but PLEASE...thats no cheat!

Best to all;
The HAPPIEST of Jakes!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 19:42

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

I have cheated. Just the little bits and bites that you've mentioned. But there's no doubt it has stalled me. Now if I could only talk my husband into this lobster theory.....