Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/130/120 Female 5ft 7in.
BF:
Progress:
Default peanut butter

I hate/love peanut butter and it kills me everytime. I know that it isn't the worst thing I could eat, but it isn't the best one either. I still have to count calories and carbs so peanut butter blows it for me every time. My husband has to have it in the house and it is my comfort food. I think I'm addicted to it. Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdome as to how not to fall into the trap of "eating from the jar." I feel awful after.. mentally and physically, but that doesn't seem to stop me!!!! Ugh. back to the starting point again! I'm trying to lose 10 lbs that I gained over the last 2 months and it seems like everyweek I lose and regain the same 3-5 lbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 20:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

Not a whole lot of advise here...p/b is one of my comfort foods I refuse to give up. So far, it does not seem to be having too negative of an effect. I have given up eating the p/b's that are full of transfatty acids - which is just about every commercial brand. I only eat Natural p/b - here on the East Coast I buy a brand called Crazy Richards. Tastes different & I a little tiny bit of this stuff goes a long way
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:00

Stats: 150/150/130 Female 5 Feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I always overdo it

I hope someone help with this problem because I'm obsessed with peanutbutter. If I have peanutbutter in the house (or even peanuts) I can't stop eating until I've finished it. I don't like peanutbutter sandwiches or peanutbutter on veggies/celery, I like to eat it with a spoon right out of the jar. I'm sure that disgusts some people but I truely believe I'm addicted to it. I live alone so I try not to buy it, maybe you can ask your husband to hide it from you.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 06:49

Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%

I too am a PB-Nut! I have been eating more and more as well as plain nuts. I do not think they have had a negative impact ...yet!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 15:57
Registered Member

Stats: 165/130/120 Female 5ft 7in.
BF:
Progress:

At least I know I'm not alone in this addiction!! You are right, nothing but a spoon will do to eat pb. We don't buy peanuts anymore... just pbutter. That was an addiction as well! So maybe I can get him to hide it!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 18:25

Plan: atkins, now scarsdale-protein power
Stats: 136/127.5/125
BF:18.8%
Progress: 77%

oh wow, a peanut butter thread! I just saw this and boy does it describe me. It is definitely a love /hate relationship.I love it but i hate that i love it. I am an eat it right from the jar girl, and if i could just stop with even just one heaping spoonful i would be ok, but i can't even do that. Definitely a major trigger for me. And for some reason even knowing this,i still test the waters. I know deep down that i cannot have even one bite, because if i do, i won,t be satisfied. It has the same effect eating sugar has on me, always leaving me wanting more. My last encounter left me feeling so guilty i walked like 9 miles on my treadmill, and i still felt like crap. I've decided to just omit it entirely-it's not worth it.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:34

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

I bought almond butter instead of PB and it is very, very bland. When I have a craving for peanut butter, all I have to do is smell the almond butter or try to eat some on a spoon and my craving is gone.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 07:09

Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Lightbulb Peanut Butter...my enemy!

I saw th ePeanut Butter yesterdy and just knew I could have one teaspoon with no repercussions! Well, I was WRONG-O! I had one and soon after I started having the most horrendous cravings for ANYTHING. I ate the rest of the day...thank God everything low carb, but I just couldn't STOP! I know my body wanted MORE CARBS...but I refused to let it rule me!!! Today I am ok......I better not touch that stuff again though or God knows what I might do....
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 08:46

Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi all
I have to laugh a bit..all the posts for from U.S. or Expats like me. P.B is not a big thing here as in the U.S. in fact most people here can not even stand the idea of PB (how sick can that be?). But I am a PBaholick sigh..I can not have it . Dh lets me have a tiny bit undr supervision only..he then takes the jar and hides it..and beleive me I have torn this place apart trying to find my drug.augh!! I am allowed 2tb a month to do with as I wish..ussally I now make PB cups ..these are also doled out by hubby he counts them all..grrrr He is soooo wonderful and supportive but there are times I could kill when I am have a PB attack!!

Pattie

Last edited by pattie : Tue, Sep-02-03 at 08:47.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 09:12

Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Default Hey Pattie!

Well, PB might not be big there, but it is HUGE here!!! People eat it with Chocolate sprinkles!!!!! Unbelievable.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 16:24

Plan: Atkins w/ Veggies
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:BMI: 34.3/29.2/24
Progress: 58%

I have to admit, when I'm doing some crazy sugar craving, I bust out a spoon and enjoy a spoonful of peanut butter. True, it's about 7g of carbs, but I enjoy every minute of it (and believe me I make a spoonful of PB last about 10 minutes!) ... I just watch what I eat the rest of the day!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 07:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133.5/128/123 Female 64
BF:27%
Progress: 52%

Hey i,m with you on the peanutbutter.I,m the only one in the house who eats it.So the jar is mine..I really cant even start,becuase I have such a hard time stopping.I did find a really great kind at Costco.100% natural with some seasalt.Really have to watch myself.When I get too hungry,its like a quick fix.I try not to get that famished....Oh well it could be alot worse...