Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 12:44
dsimmons

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool Atkins Buddy wanted

I started Atkins today. I have a lot to lose, and need a buddy to e-mail progress, encouragement daily. I am not a big meat-eater, but I do love fat! If anyone out there is interested in "Inducting with me", let me know
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/???/120 Female 5' 3
BF:way/too/much!!
Progress: 0%

Today is Day 9 of Induction for me. Days 1-7 were the worst!!!!! I felt tired and sluggish all the time and fell asleep in a meeting on Day 2. However, it does get better so stick with it!

I'm not a big meat-eater (well until I started Atkins). And I don't like most veggies. So I eat the veggies I like and have cut out the carbs. And force myself to eat protein - meat!

Good Luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:36

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi guys!

I am not a big meat eater either (vegetarian actually so no meat whatsoever!)

Have been doing this since march, have been keeping my carb count at induction levels though b/c a lot to lose so would love to write with you and talk about progress!!

Good luck continuing on your low carb way!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 17:15
dsimmons

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Reply to "Buddy"

I'm glad to see that there are some other people trying Atkins who are not big meat eaters. Although I am not a vegetarian, I do not eat beef at all, and rarely eat pork. I most stick to fish, poultry and cheese. Have you had many problems staying on the plan without eating meat? It looks like your weight loss has been good. Thanks for the encouragement.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 01:00

BF:

Hi dsimmons!

It is nice to find a few people who are not big meat eaters!! There are a lot of them out there on this forum!

I have not had any problems staying on this plan without eating meat. I do eat meat substitutes quite a bit now and then to make up for it and get some protein. The only problem has been when eating out speaking of which..

Just got back from a mini 3 day vacation and thank GOODNESS it was only three days, cheated everyday so now back to strict induction!!

what veggies do you like harleydee? We eat a lot of them here so maybe I know something good that you would like?

well have a nice wednesday folks!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 11:04
dsimmons

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Day #2

Hi, buddies! I made it through day #1 painlessly. Found the Atkins web page, and found that some of the products are o.k. for the induction phase. I bought some stuff and this morning, instead of eggs and meat (not my favorite), I had a strawberry shake and a breakfast bar for a total of 3 Gms. of carb. This was great! Breakfast is hardest, because of the meat thing and because I don't like eggs much. What do you guys do for breakfast?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 11:28

BF:

Hi d!

I don't mean to break it to you but really don't eat those bars the first two weeks! Those things are evil!

They really have a tendency to stall most people. I ate those on induction and lost a lot less than most! I really would advise you to stay away from those til after the two weeks then you can check and see how it affects your body.

For breakfast I eat sometimes these spnach deviled eggs (some of the only eggs I can eat, mostly force them down), after induction I ate yogurt (the bacteria eats a lot of the carbs in it!), the almond cake with lemon curd on this website after induction. Low carb tortilla with cream cheese and fifty 50 jam.

The cheese chips in the snack section here might be a good bet for you paired with something else. Celery with cream cheese is not too bad. Sometimes some leftovers like roasted asparagus or whatever the night before.

Good luck! and beware of bars!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 12:09
dsimmons

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Breakfast Bars

Why would they be labeled "acceptable" products for phase I on the products page if not allowed? I did read the New Diet Revolution, and did not see any info on the products, but there is a rating system on the products page, and it shows several products as being o,k, for phase I. Have others had the same experience?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/179/130 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Buddy Needed

Hi DSimmons

Do you still need a Atkins Buddy? If so, let me know and we could 'buddy' each other. I'm on Day 3 of week 2 and also doing Atkins.

Not quite sure how this 'buddy' thing works, do we give each other our 'private' email address or do we communicate on here?

Let me know, oh by the way, I'm married, 37, live in Canada and I started out needing to lose 64lbs.

talk with you soon.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 12:46

BF:

Hi d!

yes I know that Atkins labeling system is a bit misleading. The bars for I would say about 90% of people do stall them and so I would really advise you to avoid them until after induction and then you can test yourself to see if you are in the 10%.

I would guess it's probably $$ that has them label the bars as only say 2 carbs and good for induction.

To show you what others have to say here are some links about those little s.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=28732

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...9639#post219639

Sorry to disappoint you but it would probably be more disappointing doing a great induction and not losing as much b/c of those bars!

Hi tired! Nice to meet you and good luck with starting Atkins!