Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:04

Plan: lower carb, lower GI
Stats: 298/277/240 Female 5'6
BF:yes it is
Progress: 36%
Talking quibs torture tracker

I finally figured out how to start a gym log so here goes. This will be day 3 for me. I will say up front-I hate to exercise, hate to sweat. I have to MAKE myself do it. I don't have a set routine at this point. I have been walking down on the nature trail around the building where son is taking a class so that is enough to get me started. We are going to leave a little early today and try and get there while it's a bit cooler. The temp goes up a degree or so for every 15 mins it seems. It's a somewhat shady area so that's good. This weekend, am not sure what I'll do. I have Y pass for the pool, have indoor exercise tapes, nordic trak, etc. We'll see. I am just working on doing something most days.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 15:21

Friday-Got my walk in. I'm not sure if it is a mile now, or 1/2 mile. The sign says 1 mile, but the map is confusing. It seems to be about a mile. It was hot again. I still plan on swimming tonight with the kids, we'll see. Dh is having bad day and may need me around....
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 16:21

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

TORTURE! Heh, I had to pop in because I love that title. I hate cardio too. What's the deal with how fast it makes your heart beat? That can't be good! Oh wait, yeah it is.

A good exercise plan is one you can commit to. I hope it works out for you!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 16:24

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Good luck on this journey
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 16:42

Day 4 in a row of some sort of exerocism, er exercise for me. I ended up doing step bench and hand weights. Had to knock the dust bunnies out of the bottom of it. I think I have a video that goes with that thing somewhere....

I didn't last too long- maybe 5 mins, but it was something to start with. I really felt it in my hips and backside. I'll go for 10 mins next time. I still hope to get to the Nordic Trak today. By the time I dropped son off, got to store to get lock for locker at the gym, got back to the house to get suits and towels, it was too close to time to have to be back to pick son up and then the family swim would be over. I feel bad. Dau has wanted to swim all week and something keeps getting in the way. Son got his exercise going door to door delivering newsletters so dau still needs to do something today. I'm encouraging them to exercise as well. Son lost 7 lbs the week he was at camp, just from hiking almost everyday. He got a real moral boost from that. He's fairly chunky for his age, and dau is headed that way, although she is pretty muscular/solid. They spent a lot of time on trampoline Thurs. I want to keep the momentum going for them as well. Maybe will have dau do her kiddie yoga tape tonight. She likes that. Bag is packed already for pool tomorrow! LOL.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 16:49

Swam for about an hour. Used kickboard. They have kickboards and float belts and foam dumb bells for arm exercises. I watched some of the people do that. Maybe I will sign up for a water exercise class when kids get in school? Possibility. I hate the dressing room tho and peeling off wet swimsuits, etc. I'm going to have to think about this. Kids had a good time. That was other issue-trying to watch them and do some exercise too. We will work on dd some more then I will feel ok leaving her long enough to do laps. I just am not ready to let her go without being right there. Day 5! who hoo. I'm proud I did it.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 11:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

You're doing wonderful!!!

Keep it up quibbers!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power - slightly modified
Stats: 185/156.5/145 Female 5'7"
BF:gettin' better!
Progress: 71%

Yo Quibbers,

Keep up the good work! As soon as you latch onto an activity you like, it WILL become addictive. Now, all you have to do is repeat after me,

... it WILL become addictive, it WILL become addictive, it WILL become addictive ...

Seriously, my hubby and I have been LC'ers for 4 plus years, been at some kind of daily cardio/exercise for longer than that. Some days are just harder than ever, almost impossible. But those are the days when you crawl off the nordic trak or drag your butt home after a power walk and feel SOOOOOOOO self-righteous. Sweat and all, it is a good feeling.

Keep it up - it's worth it in the long run.

Holly
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 14:08

Thanks for the encouragment! I hope this gets to you- can't find your gym log- did find your jicama / cream cheese snaks tho! yum! I love jicama
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 15:47

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%

I admire your resolve, exercising so soon after starting a LC WOE. It took me six weeks before I had the energy. Even then, like you, I had always detested exercise, except for walking in the woods. But the LC WOE has given me so much energy that I'm like a caged animal if I don't work out.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 17:09
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power - slightly modified
Stats: 185/156.5/145 Female 5'7"
BF:gettin' better!
Progress: 71%

hey Quibs,

No gym log ... I suppose I should, but I look at it this way. I spend the time that I might use doing the log to actually get off my butt and exercise. But, that's just between us :-)

Stay well and keep moving!!

Holly
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 19:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey quibbers - if ya get a wild hair, why don't you come join us over on a buddies thread? It's called Late 20's Low Carbers but all ages are welcome. Trust me, I'm no spring chicken myself Our current goal is to give encouragement so we can get our arses out there and exercise at least 3 times a week. Come on over!

Would love to have you!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 22:56

~~~Today's exercise in honor of Mel~~~lol

Did 7 (7!) whole mins on the Nordic Trak-har har
tune in tomorrow to see if I did 8 -8 enticing mins (wha ha ha Count sesame st laugh)

Also did about 10 mins of hand weights. I prob should follow a routine there...just going for every other day right now.

Ok Mel- I will come by sometime soon! Thanks for the invite.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 13:26

Hmmm- I put in my exercise in my reg journal- see horror details there....

1 1/4 miles in 45 mins.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 13:46

Did two laps around the walking path, but had to cut through the second time because Mini Me was whining so much. We only did about 1 1/4 but that is the same as yesterday ( only much cooler this time). I think tomorrow I will do something at home. I have a farewell party to go to. snif.