Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 05:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%
Angry Need some help here!!!!

Okay I am starting to get a little frustrated with this plan. I am tired of everyone else (seemingly) losing so much weight on Induction and my scale is not budging. I did the fat fast and lost 4 lbs in a week and after that pretty much nothing. I am posting my fitday journal and maybe someone can tell my what I am doing wrong. I am not ready to give up yet but I am getting aggravated. I lost more weight than this on WW!!! Someone talk me down from this ledge!! I am exercising at least 5 days a week and then some!! Any ideas?? I am thinking of doing the modified fat fast for a week and then go back to induction. Donnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 05:46

BF:

Here is my journal stuff from Fitday. Dont know if I am doing this right since I am not terribly computer literate!! www.fitday.com/Webfit/PublicJournals.html?
owner=monster66
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 05:48

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Could TOM be around the corner - if so whoose is also coming!! I always seem to stall, even put weight on (start thinking on changing to ww)then one day I drop 5 - 10 lbs!!! Did you lose 9 lbs in the past month? If so you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 06:38

BF:

Thanks. I did lose 9 lbs this month but it mainly becasue of the fat fast. I am thinking maybe I am not eating enough fat. I keep waiting for that whoosh and hoped it would be this morning. I have been so good and not cheated at all!! I even baked a chocolate cake for my uncle and didnt even sniff the batter!!! That is good for me!! Thanks for the reply, Donnie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 06:51

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Looking at your fitday, some days your calories are waaay low, under 1,000 your body is going to go into starvation mode, even more so if you're exercising.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 07:03

Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

I wasn't losing until I cut my calories way low (from 2,500) I'm still on induction (starting 4th week).

My calories are 1200 - 1800 (some days).. I try to keep it around 1400, don't eat to much cheese and make sure most of your carbs are from veggies, you need them to poop too. Are you pooping? Are you drinking alot of water? I just started taking FiberCon, 2 tablets = 2 carbs, so don't forget to count them if you start. Your body needs to flush the fat away, it has no other means of losing it other then peeing and having a BM.

My hubby who didn't have much to lose had a hard time. He cut his calories to around 1500 (he's soooooooo active, he cut it to low if you ask me but yah can't talk to the stuborn mule, anyway), he eats about 6 times a day, very small amounts but its enough to keep his metabolism constantly going. He's droping weight so fast now and he's so excited.

I'm gonna check out your fitday....bbl.

Good Luck !! Leenie
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 07:14

Stats: 170/170/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

I am right here with you Donnie.
This is my 8th week with no loss.
During induction I lost about 4.5. It came right back.
Also been tossing around the idea of trying something different. Definitely not WW. The LC WOE feels too good to revert back to the low-calorie/low-fat life.

I exercise 5-6 days per week.
My carb intake is always below 20.
Supplements I take:
L-Carnitine
Basic-3
Essential Oils
CoQ10
Just began CLA yesterday.

I haven't tried the Fat Fast yet. Still thinking about it.
Hang in there!!!!
Karen
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 09:41

BF:

I thought my calories were way low on days too but I just wasnt hungry for more. I tried to eat and just wasnt interested. I am going to try the modified fat fast and go back to induction because I think I am eating too little.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 09:44

BF:

As for pooping, I have had no problem with that and I drink about 12 glasses of water a day. It shows on fitday that I am burning way more calories than I take in so go figure.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 09:50
Contributing Member

Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

In addition to more calories, I think you need more protein. If you are exercising 5 days a week, you may not be getting enough protein to maintain and repair muscle. Or if you never exercised before, you could be building muscle but still losing fat but it won't show on the scale. There are so many variables. Have you lost any inches?

IMHO the fat fast and induction will not help you eat more. It's not a matter of 'how much' you are eating, but maybe 'what' you are eating. Choose higher calorie foods, like beef and pork instead of chicken. You probably are not getting enough fat either, eating tuna and chicken. Cream cheese is also good for adding calories and fat. I like it on celery. How about a few berries with heavy cream? That's my favorite treat.

Last edited by SDgrandma : Mon, Jul-28-03 at 09:56.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 07:36

Stats: 167/158/147 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I saw your other post that was specifically to Jake, so I decided to post my reply here........
I am thinking 9 pounds in one month is wonderful!!!! This isn't like a MIRACLE DIET where you lose all your weight in 2 months and be done with it. I actually think you are losing your weight at a good pace, and making it extra hard on yourself. As I am sure you have seen, try to make this a lifestyle rather than an analytical struggle.
You are doing awesome, and you should be so happy with the 9 pounds you lost in ONE MONTH!!
Good luck!!
Heidi