Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 16:22

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Smile Challange to get those 20lbs off for good!

I really need to get these 20lbs off for good. I could lose 30lb but believe me with 30 I would actually be thin...so 20 is ok for now. I am petite 5ft. 1/2in I am approaching 40 this coming April!!! (I really don't feel like it at all, other than this weight!) I have just begun exercising. I am also just starting to lift weights. Am thinking about a weight lifting machine.

I need some accountability, and support. Anyone who doesn't have a buddy feel free to join. Seems like several threads are great and then die out.

We can do this with eachother!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 22:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/168/125 Female 62 inches
BF:??
Progress: 45%

Hi!

I'm with you..looking to lose these last 20 lbs....I will also be 40 soon: aacckkk!!!! Still not sure how THAT happened

I am doing Atkins and after 2 months still keep my carbs at about 20 gr. per day. I can be a little obsessive with Fitday, but it has been helpful in keeping me honest..mostly...

I won't say I haven't cheated, but the worst cheat has been the occasional beer.. I refuse to eat anything remotely related to sugar or white flour!

As for exercise, I do circuit training : 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week
I used to go to Curves, but a friend opened a Ladies Workout Express,
it's similar, but the equip is SO much better and I've got results to prove it. In fact, I lost 2 3/4 inches off waist this last month!!

So, count me in, we can do this!!

Anita
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 17:49

Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

I started Atkins 3 weeks ago and want to loose also 20 pounds. I'm from Toronto, 5' 6'' and 37 years old female.

Would like a buddie too.

H.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 17:57

Smile

Hi H. and hi Anita. I am ready to get this weight off!!! I think evening is the most difficult time for me. I am not sure why. Really having chips cravings tonight...trying to remain strong! We are going to get that weight machine I saw. I don't have a exercise place very clos by so this will work out well. It won't have the accountability that going to a gym has but I have a daughter that will keep at me!

I just need to get through tonight with the chips cravings and tommorrow will be better! I will not weaken1 I will not weaken!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 17:59

Smile

Be strong!
Try 1 boiled egg with mayo. It's my solution for cravings: filling and yummy.

H.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 22:31
Registered Member

Stats: 203/168/125 Female 62 inches
BF:??
Progress: 45%

Night is when I really want to snack. And usually I just do!
I know it probably adds up at the end of the week, and its more habit than being hungry, but I don't beat myself up about it.
Which, if I think about it, is odd cuz I really obsess over everything I eat during the day...

Anyway, a spoonful of cream cheese usually does it for me...is that bad? Well, I did lose 3 lbs this month, and 2 3/4 " off my waist, so it must not be TOO bad...If it keeps me from going for the ice cream then I'm ok with it..

bye, Anita
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 11:12

Stats: 165/162/145 Female 5'7
BF:25%/25%/17%
Progress: 15%
Exclamation

I am trying desperately to stick to induction, but I usually end up cheating after a couple of days. I don't have much to lose, maybe 15-20 lbs, but it seems i'm having such a difficult time with this sweet tooth of mine.
Whenever I do give into a craving (it is usually when I am out with friends), it becomes an all out binge on carbs (not so much stuffing my face until I can't take anymore, but I just don't limit my portions). I always seem to have this mindset, that I will "Restart tommorow", when really...it doesn't always work that way! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 11:46

I made a point not to dinne out for the first week and it sure helped me; after you have 7 days no cheating under your belt it feels more stupid to spoil it all with a carb.

I have been cheat free for almost a month now and now I do go out and am not tempted by carbs.

Also eating home before you leave to dinne out with friends helps me.

Good luck.
H.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 13:33

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 156/156/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Let's Do It !!!

I would love to have a buddy or two help me with my low carb journey. I'm actually just starting today...but I have to start somewhere, Right? I have exactly 20 lbs and I'm fast approaching birthday #43. I'm trying to get these 20 lbs off by later September but I also want to improve my health and never be fat again.

Whaddaya say? Let's do it!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 15:52

Yup!

H.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 16:29

Anita:I have trouble at night too. I am the same way. I also obsess so to speak during the day and then whammy...It all goes out the window at night. I think maybe I am in a weak state of mind. When I used to l.f. it was because I just couldn't take it anymore!!! Thankfully that is not the case.

Hellagood7 Someone posted about alittle bit of carbs knocking them out of ketosis...That really made me think Why go to all this trouble to knock myself out of ketosis and start all over again. I am just wasting my time and keeping myself from my goals. The sooner we get there the happier will be with out bodies!!!! Why wait right?

leni 1us: Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on starting!

I cheated yesterday but not horribly...Am doing great today.

I hate the ketosis thing though I get sooooo hot and yucky!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 17:26

Exclamation

Last friday I went out for a group dinner with a set menu and I hate this very very salty cod fish. I drank one 1.5L bottle of water still in the restaurant while we chated and then more at home. The next day the scacle marked MORE 4 POUNDS!!!

But the fact is that I just ate the fish and no potatoes or dessert and decaf coffee, so 2 days after, besides loosing all the 4 pounds of water (always going to the toilet), I also had lost another pound as my ketosis never stoped.

The key word for resisting carbs temptation is: NOT WORTH IT. It will take you a few day lost to get back into ketosis for just a few minutes of food pleasure.

And to me pleasure is a huge steak!

H.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 17:30

Default counter

pre3teach where did you get that cute CHEAT FREE counter?

Can we have one too?

H.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 17:46

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 160/135/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 71%

Can I join I need to lose 30 pounds for good
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 18:18

Plan: Montignac