Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 10:11

Plan: Primal
Stats: 132/125/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Question

Hi everyone!

OK here's the deal... I have been on induction (with a few stops and restarts) for about a 5-6 weeks now and I have to say I have stuck to this better than any other program I've tried (and I've tried plenty), and I feel great and have lost. I can see and feel the difference. The thing is, I NEED to start allowing some fruit in my diet or I'm going to go crazy. So my question is this. If I allow, like once a day, a very small amount (even less than a serving is fine with me) of cottage cheese (2% milkfat, 4g carbs per serving) and a tiny amount of berries (I got blueberries - I know you have to watch these, raspberries and blackberries), am I going to blow my diet? Technically I don't necessarily need to be on Induction anymore, though the quicker weight loss appeals to me. I still have weight I want to lose. Anybody have any information to shed some light on this for me? Some people have said on other threads that it doesn't affect them, and still others say they can't even eat a strawberry without getting kicked out of ketosis. Help!

Missing my fruits,
Tangie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 10:20
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Judging by how close you are to your goal weight, it seems to be time for you to move to the next phases of Atkins, which allow fruit!! OWL, pre-maintenance, and Lifetime maintenance allow you to gradually increase by 5 gram increments, until you reach your CLLM.

Go easy and slowly, according to the book, and good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:11

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Why not try it and see what happens ? Everyone reacts differently to carb levels. You need to find your own CCL.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 13:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 109/109/109 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi,
As long as the fruit does not cause cravings I'd say go for it. Teens
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 13:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

I think you need to get along the the Atkins site www.atkins.com and read up on what you should add and more importantly IN WHICH ORDER
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

You can definitely put berries in your eating now-OWL allows them. One yummy way to eat them is to mix some regular full-fat yogurt with the berries-I also add some Splenda, and it is a real treat, with no cravings attached! Sugar-free jello also gives you a taste of a fruit flavor.

After the berries, just experiment--now that I'm on maintenance, I find that I can eat berries, cantaloupe, grapes--all in moderation, of course, and in place of a veg, not in addition! Use your common sense, and take your advice from Atkins site or book, and you'll do fine..
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 13:04

Plan: Primal
Stats: 132/125/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you for your advice!!
That yogurt idea sounds so yummy!

Best of luck to you all and have a good week.
Tangie