Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 14:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/160/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default farting (and nasty ones too)

Fellow LCer's

Now brace yourselves because this is going to get nasty!

Since I have been LCing for 20 - something days now I have had a small problem - farting! Not just any farts either - nasty ones. My BF just text me and told me to change my journal title to-

'I just had something crawl up my arse and die' diet plan

I am talking small nuclear explosions out of me! Poison released into the atmosphere! girls should not be doing these sorts of things.

I was at the gym yesterday and doing this tummy machine where you have to lye down and use resistance weights to do situps. Well I managed about 10 and had to stop for fear of letting one rip in the gym. What a nightmare if I did that one day

Does anyone else suffer from smelly bum or am I the odd one out this time; am I the lemon?

And is there anything else I can look forward to besides constipation, stinky farts and bad breathe? It looks as if I have covered all bases! lol
I am sounding more and more attractive by the minute!!! LOL

Jenny
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 14:40
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I am dying here pictureing you at the gym, working on those stomach mussels!
I know it's funny, but really not that funny. Any chance your boyfriend taking the hit for any the slip by?

I do not have that problem, actually I hardly ever release air anymore since starting this eating styly. Notice I said anymore, if I eat certain lowcarb candies, the machine starts purring.

You might try adding some Magnesium in your diet if you are not already taking it. I am not sure if it will help, couldn't hurt. Magnesium keep me running smoothly, yep no more constipation. I take 500 mg a day, 250 at breakfast and then again at dinner.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 15:03

BF:
Post It really is funny

MaryToU

The thing is - it really is funny! I laugh so much about it because I have always prided myself on having good manners. Now I have to be careful everywhere I go so as not to expel this poison onto unsuspecting passers by! I think it would kill them

I take vitamans everyday but will check up on the magnesium thing. Another stinky day on the Atkins Plan. Yah me!

Jenny
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 15:24

Stats: 195/150/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Red face

Before I started LCing I would eat some oatmeal in the morning. I finally realized it was giving me horrible gas. I'm sure as bad as you are talking about. Make your eyes water and your bf leave you bad. You know you have bad gas when your bf who can let some pretty nasty ones go, tells YOU that it smells bad and you should stop doing it
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 15:57
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Are you eating any of those nasty sugar-free candies (with malitol or a related sweetener)? Because they do it to me every time, and could probably be harnessed as an alternative energy source.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 16:13

BF:
Post Hey girls

RoseTattoo/ I had some SF sweets in my first week but was told to stay away from them. I have a Smint now if I am desperate and no chocolate this week either. I am just a smelly arse!!

Ms.Kidy/ Boy do I know what you mean. My BF has now warned my that he will pay me back for the stench that seeps out from the abyss! my farts never use to smell. Well like 1 in 50 maybe.

I can't believe that I find this so funny but I really do! I don't know if I can ever go on that situp machine again. I will have to be careful and do it when no one is around so if one slips out I can move away really quickly! No one will think that I could of done a fart like that!!!

Jenny
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:02

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Hmmm weird, I only get stinky with SF candies. Are you eating a really farty veggie? Maybe experiment with eating less broccoli or some other gassy veggie?

Stumped here!

Heh, I'm glad you find your stinky farts so funny though. I'm proud of the grossest smells that I can create. Like masterpieces!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:06

BF:
Angela

I will try other veg. I eat well on this diet, I really do. I look after it when I am at the gym as well.

I will monitor my stinkyness from now on, a fart - o - meter!

Jenny
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:21

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Heh, we believe you eat well! You must if you're gassy... only good fibers should do that, right?

#10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:22

Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

hey jenny,

you think your bad just wait til i tell you what happened to me once.

i have not had any unusual problems since lowcarbing but before,

one night i was asleep in bed, my hubby and the smoke detector woke me up. i had set it off farting.

it was really bad, the room stunk. my hubby said the paint was gonna come off the walls.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 17:33

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

OMG im sooo dying laughin reading this!!!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 18:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 235/220/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:37
Progress: 18%

This thread is too funny. I get this same problem when I eat sugar-free sweets with a lot of Maltitol in them, in fact when we were down in California a month ago I bought this Carbo-lite brand of chocolate bars, zero carb. Aside from the fact that they tasted like dirt that was used to cover rotting corpses (excuse my graphic nature) they gave me the smelliest farts that woke me up from deep sleep.

I would also take a look at your cheese or yoghurt intake. I get the same case of smelly fart syndrome when I eat yogurt. Saw my dr. about it in case I was lactose intolerant, but I can do other dairy products fine. He said that some people may be slightly lactose intolerant, and just react to the cultures, etc. in the yogurt. Perhaps that is the same with you?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:18
Renovation Cub

Plan: LC
Stats: 330/286/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 34%

Well, I'd have to say, from a guys perspective, that this has greatly improved that issue for me. Now I find gas is few and far between, and not something that has my wife kicking me under the sheets about. Given that gas is generated by a breakdown of material in your colon, could it be you aren't getting enough fibre to move things along? That's about the only thing that occurs to me to check if your diet is really normal.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:40

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:

Just a thought...are you still using low carb products with soy in them (like the pasta)? Soy will give me gas from right out of the pit itself. DH was joking one night about green gas that would seep down the stairway from our bedroom like a fog and kill our poor cat with its foulness and musing about whether or not he should get the poor critter a kitty gas mask. Hey...we've been married for nearly 18 years and known each other for nearly 25...he can get away with saying stuff like that and live to tell about it.
Seriously...you might want to keep track of the foods that you eat and note if it's one or two particular ones that seem to set of the chemical warfare symptoms in the southern regions. Generally, I don't get gas anymore unless I eat a few specific foods like products that contain soy and certain raw veggies.

Last edited by Lisa N : Fri, Jul-25-03 at 19:43.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 20:02

Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

this has turned out to be the funiest thread ive ever read and participated in. i love it.

its rude, nasty, unfeminine and FUNNY hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha