Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 13:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Going under 20 carbs???

Is anyone staying well under 20 carbs per day?? I am using Fitday to journal my eating but sometimes the carb counts on there are wrong and I find that I am around 15 carbs per day and dont seem to have a problem. Except that is...I am not losing!!! Should I up my carbs or what?? Thanks, Donnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 14:43

Stats: 252/230/165 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default hmmm

Hmmm, I am about 6 weks in and on induction still, and will be for a while. I am stayng right around 15-17 carbs a day according to my calculations. And I am losing. It helped me to get the Ketosis sticks to see if I was in Ketosis... have you done measurements to see if you are losing inches? Also, are you exercising at all?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 15:39
Registered Member

Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%

Be sure that you are getting enough fat........sometimes our bodies can go into starvation mode, and so its stores fat when there isnt enough or something like that. I think that has happened to me before, u start to feel colder than usual. I dont know if that helps Im sure somebody can give u a better explanation but adding fat and also salad has helped me.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:19
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

My stepdaughter is on Induction - 3rd week - and has lot only 2 pounds but almost 5 inches around her waist, and lost more from hips and arms. Do your clothes fit any looser?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:45
Registered Member

Plan: body opus
Stats: 256/235/200
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default atiaran, I've heard other people mention that...

I wonder what accounts for the inches lost. I discount replacement with muscle, because I don't believe you can add that much muscle in such a short time without anabolic steroids. Anyone have an answer?
I am doing the CKD diet, and keep my carb grams real low Sunday evening through Saturday afternoon, then do a carb "refeed". It's a welcome break to the spartan diet I follow the rest of the time.
Monster, I suspect that you are still eating maintenance calories (at least that is the first thing I'd check). Sounds like you are still to new to be running into a Leptin problem (eating way too few calories). Also check for hidden carbs you might be ingesting (like in cheese) because it seems you should have dropped more just in water weight.

Last edited by westsnoop : Thu, Jul-24-03 at 17:02.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 05:38

BF:

Thanks for the responses. I am exercising. I do a pilates tape, walk and lift weights. I do the walking and pilates everday and lift 5 days a week. I do different muscles each day. I did see a drop on the scale this morning. I have been using fitday to write down all that I eat and I am staying in the 65/35/5 ratio pretty much. I think I am just a slow loser and therefore I am obsessing too much. I have seen inches lost so I really shouldnt be complaining. Thanks, Donnie
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:57

Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%
Lightbulb

Hi Monster66
are you getting all your water(not tea,coffee, coke etc.) Are you eating a lot of deli meats or pork rinds?
I know I have to drink a least a gallon of water and those Pork Rinds will stall me like nothing else can.
Try some flax meal or flax seed cereal.
I like 2oz. cream cheese,2tsp. cocoa powder,1-2Tb. flax meal,add sf sweetener to taste,mix well.

Keep up the great job

Pattie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 09:32

BF:

Hi Pattie,
I drink about 12 8 oz. glasses of water a day and with all that liquid I dont have room for anything else!! I dont have the pork rinds but I do have 2 sausage links for breakfast along with 2 scrambled eggs. I have lost 1 1/2 lbs. since Monday of this week so maybe it just takes me longer. I would love to see another pound by Monday which is my "official" weigh in day. As long as I see something I am happy.