Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 08:20

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Kathie: You are probably not losing weight because you have put your body into starvation mode. 800 - 900 kcals are not enough! You should never go below the amount of calories needed to sustain your basal metabolic rate (BMR). There is a BMR calculator here: http://www.room42.com/nutrition/basal.shtml.

As to breakfast, my summer mainstay is cottage cheese w/ raspberries, flax meal and some almonds or sunflower seeds. I do add protein powder (unflavored) to get in my minimum protein. A lot of people like ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. Occasionally I will make a "pancake" out of protein powder, flax meal, egg, etc.

There are a lot of recipes in the Breakfast forum. I don't do pork rinds but I know there is a recipe people rave about using them to make french toast. I'm sure if you search around, there will be something to appeal to you.

HTH and good luck finding something else to eat that you will enjoy for breakfast !
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:23

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Lightbulb Alternatives

have you tried Atkins lc pancake mixes and muffins. There's so many s/f syrups, too.

Bring your calorie consumption up to 1600. The will help you lose. Drink, drink, and drink your water. That flushes the fat out, but you must increase your calories and fat.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 08:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 244/235/215
BF:
Progress:
Default Not Enough Calories??

What a concept. I also have some software I use in my pocket computer and noticed I only take in about 900-1200 calories a day (lots of sodium though). And my weight loss has been slow. I'll try to kick it up a little. Difficult concept though, I'm not near as hungry as I used to be so I don't think about it. I still have that tired legs feeling alot. Muscles have a tough time with any stamina type exercise. I'll check out the Metabolism Calculator. Thanks for that tip.
Bob
p.s. Anybody find a good tasting low carb protein drink? I tried Gensoy......yuk
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 10:33

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Default Look Up!

hey, 2puttbob, look to the right of the home page. There is a low carb grocer. You can also go to www.ultimatefatburner.com. You will find all kinds of goodies.

I have used the Atkins lc pancake and muffin mixes. They are very good. They may be a little sweet, but they are good. Also the lc syrups and jams, too.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 14:01

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2puttbob
I still have that tired legs feeling alot. Muscles have a tough time with any stamina type exercise.

Bob - Don't forget to drink LOTS of water and take the potassium supplement recommended by the Eadeses!