Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 14:52

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 285/285/190 Male 68
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy OHHHHH my aching stomach!

I have been on atkins for 3 days and have been eating only meat ans sum cheese for 3 days. the last two days I have had diarhea very often and stomach cramps. Also I have been somewhat unmotivated. Is this normal and how long til this will pass! Thanks DOnovan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 15:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/145/125 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 58%

HI Donovan I guess we are in the same boat. I am also on my 3rd day of LC, and for the past few days all Ive been eating is cheeseburgers with no bread and pickles! But I did do low carb for 3 months a few years ago. The weight came off so easy and the days werent so hard to get through. The cravings and cramps and all that usually go away after a week or so. Can be different for some people. But just hang in there because it does get easier and remember that you are not the only one just beginning.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 15:09
Contributing Member

Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%
Post new WOE

Donovan.. let me start by saying ""smack smack""!! (slapping face).. there now.. all better.

Firstly, I can only assume that since you're eating meat like a lion.. you went and bought a ZOO book instead of Atkins book. LOL Just so you know... Atkins does not meen steak N cheese.

Atkins is about LOW CARBs. Protein, Fat and Low Carbs. No carbs pretty much guarantees constipation and other types of ooky stomach twists. The best thing you can do is read Atkins book right now, before you start this diet. You'll get plenty of insight here at this forum and in the chatroom. You'll want to start a journal too. That will help you keep track of what's going on with your diet.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 15:17
Renaissance Man

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 298/197.5/185 Male 66 inches
BF:26.08
Progress: 89%
Default hang in there

it really gets better fast and soon you'll wonder why you were complaining about a diet that lets you eat all the bacon you can handle without messing up your carb counts!!!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 15:45

Stats: 320/285/200 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:way too much
Progress: 29%
Smile

Hey Donovan, make sure you are eating your veggie and salad allowance each day. Both are a great source of fibre which will help in the bowel department. Psyllium (sp?) husks are also a source of fibre and they're carb free.

As for feeling like crap, all I can see is that I'm just starting my third week and I feel GREAT!!!!! I felt real bad for the first 3 to 4 days as my body adjusted to no rice, bread, pasta etc... I promise you WILL start feeling much better soon!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 15:58

Stats: 355/335/185 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress:

Just over 1 month so far here. This is my second time LCing, and both times I experienced what you are going through. Both time, it took me about 3 weeks to get over it. Extreme cravings also taking 3 weeks to get over. Very hard road at first, but gets easier.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 16:26

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 285/285/190 Male 68
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks All

Thanks for the quick replies, I will hang in there and get some fiber in my diet! Donovan
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 06:50
Registered Member

Plan: trying Atkins
Stats: 233/223/135 Female 5.5 1/2
BF:
Progress: 10%

This is day ten for me and after the first 3 to 4 days I started feeling better. Hang in there, it will happen.