Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 11:35
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/278/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Name of the book?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/194/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Andie,

And you know what I did today - just after writing that email yesterday and feeling so confident about resisting cravings??

I didn't even have cravings but someone told me that the new Atkins peanut butter cups were good (they are) and I found some in a store and tried them. Yuck - I feel dizzy and woozy and sick - it is just the sweet taste that does it to me.

I am going to go eat a steak and get back on track!

Sally
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 18:36
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/169/150 Female 70 inches
BF:28/24.9/19
Progress: 37%
Default The lo carb bars

So far the Almond Brownie Atkins bar is the best I have tasted. I tried a knock-off brand I found at Whole Foods Market, and since I love the taste of coffee, I tried the "Cool Cappaccino" flavor.

Big Mistake - The coffee taste came from actual GROUND COFFEE.

cured the sweet craving and the coffee craving in one bite.

and for ILUVSEAN -

Try to find a health food store listing on these low carb sites. Most big cities will have atleast one. They make low-carb just about everything it seems. I found low-carb bread that has 4g of impact carbs per slice.

but I am trying to do induction past my two-week mark and have not tried the bread - yet. It is here incase my cravings go crazy.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 19:53

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 214/214/125 Female 5
BF:
Progress:
Default Pigged out the first day

I was set to this I didnt realize it was going to be so hard I am major carb addict mainly bread and diet pop. I started over today and I have done really well but I did eat some beef jerkey that my husband made the book said no carbs but after I ate it i got to thinking about the spice stuff he put in it so I dont know if I messed my self up or not. I sure hope not !!!!!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 20:17

Stats: 209/190/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 28%
Talking Happy to start my new life!

Hey Everyone!Started Induction today.It's not that hard since I had a week of 30-40 carbs a day.I bought the book on Wedensday night and learned that i was doing everything wrong, so I ate chocoate chip cookies and frozen burritos-I got really sick!I felt really dizzy-but now Im in the Induction phase so I'm cool.Wish me luck!By the way LittleAnne thanks for the website Fitday.com.I have been doing it for two days and it is extremely helpful!Bye
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 11:42

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 33%

In the cold light of Sunday morning on the day after I ate sweet stuff and felt sick all over again....I realize that the important thing is that we are paying attention to what foods make us feel good and what makes us feel crappy and perhaps that is one of the important lessons.

Last night I was jumpy and irritable and had a headache.....eating sweet stuff is like picking a rose in the dark....very short term pleasure with a potential for pain later. Not really worth it.

I'm back on track today!

Sally
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 12:13
Registered Member

BF:

yea .. i liked them.. i like lots of them .. but they All make me feel bad ..and usually lead to me carbing out!! just generally not a good idea for me...
and speaking of carbing out .. this weekend has thus far been a disaster so far!! and now i have to start the induction all over again!! siggggghhhhhh. sometimes i wonder if im right in the head. i know what i should and shouldn't have yet i can't seem to master the control. guess i'll just see how today goes...
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:16

Stats: 209/190/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default We Gotta Stay Strong And On Track!

Hey Everyone! I have been reading some posts and alot of you, my new friends, falling off the wagon!!That sucks.Just try and think of what that does to your body, insulin levels, and blood sugar.Think of yourselves thin and happier and healthier.Write a post before eating somethin bad.I have stayed away from Atkins chocolate stuff, for fear of carbin' out.Anyways FitDay.com rules!!I highly recommend it.Celery and cram cheese are a good snack.I had my best friend buy me sugar free jello, but it has aspartame.It's one of the last ingredients on the box, should I eat it? Also carbonated water sweetened with aspartame?They are so good! Maybe I can buy Atkins Flavored Syrup.Anyways, keep on truckin you guys.We will all be thin and healthy real soon.

Lettieretts
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 07:55

Plan: atkin/and approaching CAD
Stats: 165/140/120 Female 5.1 1/2inch
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi everyone

I see you got the answer to your question "I luv sean". I am not sure if you have it but I will give you the atkins site:

http://atkins.com/howto/index.html

Just a suggestion to everyone .. start a journal and people will come to visit it and you will be encouraged. It has been a great thing for me.

shalom
Lori

Last edited by bound2him : Tue, Jul-22-03 at 07:56.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 09:08
Registered Member

BF:

hey!thanks!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 06:33

Stats: 161/155/125 Female 5
BF:
Progress:

i have been on the atkins diet since 6/29/03 and have lost only about 3 pounds. i have gone over and over the book and believe i am strictly following the induction phase. i keep a log of whatever goes in my mouth and keep track of carbs, fats, calories, and protein amounts. anybody have any advice? i would appreciate any input. thanks
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:28
Registered Member

BF:

are u using artificial sweetners? it tells about them in the book. there is also a section for people who are Extremely insulin resistant and give an alternative diet to jump start you... might check that out? also you might try No carbs for longer than the 3 days that normally start off the induction... good luck
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:31
Registered Member

Stats: 191/168/120 Female 5'4
BF:losing 50 in 2004
Progress: 32%

Have you tried the atkins candy bars... they have everything now even atkins potato chips... but the peanut butter cups are to die for... they help my craving... just a word of experiance though... dont eat to much at one time... they are the same as a lax....
yeah... lol
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:17

BF:
Progress:

thanks for the advice. i will try no carbs for a few days and see if that helps. i have been averaging 45 g of protein per day., 1600 calories, 20 g of carbs and the rest of the calories come from fat. do you think this is too much protein?
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:19

BF:
Progress:

also, i do use artificial sweeteners but i count each packet as one carb. i use 4 per day.