Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 05:22
Registered Member

Plan: shwarzbein II
Stats: 174/???/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb I starting sweating again!!!

Hello everyone,

I know that sounds like a strange thread title, but it's true, I started sweating again. I haven't really been able to sweat (except in extreme heat/humidity) for about a year!! Prior to that I use to sweat profusely, this went on for about 2 years. I read somewhere that over-sweating is a sign of adrenal fatigue, and not-sweating is a sign that the adrenals are burned-out.

Has anyone else heard of this -- or am I just going crazy!!!???

Anyway, just wanted to report my findings -- and I also had a normal TTOM this month. Of course it was accompanied by the wicked sugar demon.......hahah

Do you guys think this is a sign of HEALING???
Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance -- Cristin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 05:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133.5/128/123 Female 64
BF:27%
Progress: 52%
Default not sure

I hadn,t heard this.Do know that I too dont sweat very often.But lately I have begun too sweat again.I sometimes wonder the same thing.?
Especially when the people around me are sweating.Lets see if anyone replys.Thanks
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 05:57
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Cristin:

Quote:
Has anyone else heard of this -- or am I just going crazy!!!???

No you aren't going crazy. Dr. Rind lists this on his metabolic scorecard. http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp

I'm still in the "doesn't sweat" phase. One advantage is that I don't have to poison my body with anti-persperant.

Sounds like you are starting to heal. Great going Cristin.

Wanda
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 07:10
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Wanda,

allatonce -- check out that above link that wanda posted -- very interesting!! congrats on healing

Thanks for the link -- that is so crazy about lack of or over sweating. Our bodies are so intricate and complex........ everything is related -- I'm glad I finally KNOW this important truth.....

Anti-persperents are SO BAD -- I'm actually looking into some natural form of deodorent... luckily I work in A/C most of the day!

How is your sugar battle going?? I'm still fighting, but taking the edge off with some iced-coffee.......

talk to yousoon -- thanks for the link!!

cristin
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 07:40
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

I use Tom's of Maine deoderant. If it's an extremely ugly day, I'll carry it with me and reapply when necessary. It's all natural, no aluminum or alcohol. I used their toothpaste too and love it!!

LizzyB
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 08:07
Registered Member

BF:

LizzyB,
thanks for the tip -- I'm going to the health food store tonight for some organic produce and meat, I'll pick up some TOm's deodorent!! I use secret now,and it's really irritating my skin.. no good......
thanks again -- cristin
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 09:12

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 115/115/115
BF:
Progress:

That's wonderful! I had heard on Oprah one time from Bob Greene that sweating was a sign of metabolic health. That you should sweat easily, but not extremely profusely, with exercise. Interesting!

Ooh, on the deodorants, I have to alternate even the natural ones. I have a JASON one that is TeaTreeOil and it gets irritating after a while. I also have one of those salt stick ones that works great in the winter, but in summer -- no dice. Summers here are brutal. Toms doesn't work at all on me. Wish it did too, I love the way it smells.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 09:58
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

cicely, have you tryed putting witch hazel on cotton pads and using that? it works for me if it's not bruttally hot out and it has a nice woodsy smell. Cheep too.

Liz
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 16:31

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 115/115/115
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Liz! I'll have to try that on one of our not-so-sweltering days
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 19:23

Plan: Atkins, Now SBII
Stats: 225/210/145 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Sweating Again

I've been browsing through the topics and WOW, what a terrific group of people. I've just recently finished reading the SPII book and working this balanced way of eating. I think I'm one of those who is going to gain before I lose but if I get healthy in the long run, that's fine by me. I've got all kinds of wierd health "problems," and definitely burned out adrenals, but I am especially interested in this topic about sweating. I have not been able to sweat for almost as long as I can remember and it's miserable here in the south in the summertime with the heat and humidity. I get quickly overheated when outdoors and close to heat stroke. People have never quite understood why I can't be really active and outside for long this time of year and it's rather depressing. Where there any changes that you made when you noticed that you had started sweating again? If this happens to me, as silly as it sounds, it will truly be a cause for celebration!! Mary
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 04:56
Registered Member

BF:

Hey mary,

WELCOME!! You came to the right place for some MAJOR SPII support!
I am also part of the group who "GAINS" during the healing process. I gained about 8lbs in the first week and my energy went downhill. It's been about a month since starting the healing program and most of my energy has returned, I'm not drinking coffee anymore --(just a little green tea in the morning) My weight still flucuates (but it has never gone above the initial 8lb gain.)
I realized that I was sweating again about a week and a half ago. It was at work, I was in A/C but I was still sweating (normally.) Then that same evening I took my dog for a walk and lo and behold I had sweat marks for the first time in a LONG time. It was a GREAT discovery.
I wish you LUCK on your healing journey -- Please stop by my journal if you'd like!

Welcome!!
cristin
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 17:35

Plan: Atkins, Now SBII
Stats: 225/210/145 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 19%

Thanks Cristin for the nice welcome :-) Unfortunately I am still on the coffee - found I had to have it to self-medicate on occasion. I'm hoping that SPII is what I've been looking for. Definitely feeling much better! Yesterday I started feeling crampy - like female cramps pre-cycle. Strange thing is I haven't had a regular period for a long time!! AND, eeekk! I've started breaking out with pimples too - something that I hardly ever had as a young person (I'm 45 now). Oh well, if it means my hormones are healing ... I can handle that! Thanks again for the reply.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: schwarzbein principle
Stats: 260/215/160
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hi Cristin,
Just took a peak at your thread you are so right about sweating I love when I workout I really get in a good sweat lately I find I'm really drenched of course the weather here helps alot in that dept. too. Just remember to really replenish those fluids with lots of water. I can sometimes drink a whole qt. of h2o in one workout. But than I have to remember to keep drinking throughout the day, its always easier to drink the water in the summer.
Happy sweating
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 14:39
Registered Member

BF:

HEY THERE SF FRESCO,

I know what you mean about guzzling the water during workouts.... I get so thirstly sometimes...
esp. in the humidity.
I'm still not sweating profusely, but it's enough -- a good sign that my body is getting back on track :-)

Good luck with your Low carb journey -- looks like you are making some GREAT progress!
cristin