Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 15:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5"7
BF:
Progress:
Cool Anyone from Canada

Hi everyone, i am determind to try the Atkins diet yet again. I think this will be attempt # 6. I have noticed that users in the states have a wider variety of low card products to choose from. The only product I have found are the atkins bars. Can you have these during induction they say they = 2grams of net cards is this true. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on low carb products i.e icecream.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 16:57

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I am from Hamilton actually, not very far from you. The only stores that I know of that carry low carb products around here are GNC and Sports Nutrition Depot. Although I am positive that neither of them carry ice-cream. If you are on induction you should not be having anything but whats listed on the acceptable foods list by atkins. Although in the book Dr. Atkins does indicate that the bars are fine to have while on induction, I would not recommend it as it has been known to stall some people. But its definitely a personal choice to have them or not. I believe the nearest sports nutrition depot to you is in Oakville and GNC's are usually everywhere. Good Luck to you!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 17:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/199.2/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Advantage bars.

Hi I eat the advantage bars once in awhile. I am on 3rd week of induction. I only eat them when I am out because I tend to have sugar lows and need something quick. They do tend to slow my weight loss down considerably.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 17:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%

Ottawa here! Stop complaining - I think even Toronto has more lc stuff than we do here!

I have actually found a couple of mail order lc places in Canada (no $us exchange) and have ordered some of the flax-o-meal cereal, some sf maple syrup and sf cranberry sauce. Should be arriving any day now...I can't wait.

I am also trying to hunt down some lc bread here in town (for future use), but will bake my own if I have to.

Maybe a trip to the US is in order (I can get to Ogdensburg in about 45 mins) for a grocery run? Have to convince hubby it's worth the trip!

Froufie

P.S. I have an "emergency" Atkins bar stashed away in case I get sugar crazy. And one of the local health food stores carries the Atkins bake mix and sf raspberry syrup, and some of the goodies (Pb cups and brownies)...there are pretty expensive and I try to stay away from them as they may cause stalls and I'm sure I would find them addictive!

Last edited by Froufie : Mon, Jul-14-03 at 17:23.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 17:38

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

www.netrition.com has EVERYTHING you can imgaine but its U.S. and shipping to Canada is a little expensive. DH works in the states and I have it shipped to him and we save on postage and customs. www.sndcanada.com has low carb also and its canadian, not as large of a variety as netrition but still some choices. I guess we canadians get the short end of the stick....
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 10:35

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

Hi Im from Ancaster.....close to you as well....and I also find it hard to locate any LC foods. I have heard so much about them from this fourm but yet to find any..I did however went to "goodness me" a store on Hamilton Mountain. It sells one low carb bread. and some atkins products.....they are costly though...I bought atkins baking mix $18.00 and atkins syrup. Both of which I have had over 3 months and never used either one yet....lol....waste of money in my opinion I have learned to just eat what Im allowed to eat and be satisfied with that...
Keep looking....and Ill keep ya posted if I find anything closer to you.......
Janet