Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 06:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default I have had NO weight loss in 1 month now!

I lost 8 pounds in the first week and I have lost nothing since. I have actually gained and lost the same 5 pounds about 4 times since, but nothing else. I am contemplating going on the fat fast. I have been doing strict induction for the last 2 weeks since I had added 1/2 low carb chocolate bar a day after the first 2 weeks of induction but even removed that 2 weeks ago.

Very frustrating....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 06:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:It Just Can't Be!
Progress: 0%

Hi Jennifer7.
Have you lost any inches? I want to lose about the same amount as you do. My loss has been slow in pounds, but I am losing inches. In 5 months I have lost only 16 lbs, but I am down a size in clothes.

I get frustrated with slow weight loss also, but as long as I am "shrinking" I will stick with it.
When I have a loss, I will gain it back and lose it several times before it finally stays off.
Don't know why it happens. I stay around 20g of carbs each day, sometimes less.
Please measure and pay attention to the inches. The scale makes me crazy.
Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:02

BF:
Unhappy

THanks. And NO I have not lost any inches. Well, I don't think so anyway. I find it quite difficult to know if I am measuring in the same place each time but I really don't see any difference. My clothes seem to fit the same and I am not running into any long lost friends or close friends (for that matter) that are telling me that I look like I have lost weight.

Very frustrating, particularly when I see people around me who have lost so much and who I know are drinking diet pop with asparteme in it and eating nuts and fruit, etc.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:11

Stats: -/-/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:It Just Can't Be!
Progress: 0%

My DH is doing this WOE with me. In the time I have lost 16 lbs he has lost 51 lbs. We eat the same meals but he has been eating fruit from the orchard also. Go figure!
I totally understand the frustration. I do feel better not eating all the carbs which also keeps me motivated. Hang in there!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:17

BF:

Thank you. I will hang in there because I have to lose this weight. I am just so sick of being fat I can't stand it. I have lost a few pounds and my skin is better than it has ever been, so I realize there are other benefits too.

Thanks again for your kind words.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:46
Registered Member

Stats: 178/149/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default yuk

i hope you start losing soon!! at least you are feeling better. i just got on the scale today and gained a pound and a half so i think we should form an i hate the scale club!!!! i've only lost 4 lbs total on this so depressing when you hear all the people losing 10lbs in a few weeks
jean
good luck
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:48

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

The only thing I can think to ask is how are your exercise and water levels?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / South Beach mix
Stats: 163.5/163/125 Female 59.5
BF:WAY TOO MUCH !!
Progress: 1%

You are NOT going through this alone!

I have been gaining/losing the same 3.5 lbs. for the last 5 weeks.
I lost 9 lbs during induction, now nothing!

I am also frusterated. But I am going on strict induction beginning again today, and am also going to watch my calorie intake.

I think I have OWL down pat! So I should be fine AFTER I lose the remaining weight.!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:00

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%

Please take it from me, it's been 50 lbs so far!!! I've been on adkins since 1/19/02. I took a 6 month break (just maintenance) and started back again. It a long road, but so worth it.

You can't imagine how hard it is to adjust to this weight loss. Slow is defintely better. There are so many psychological issues associated with losing weight. Denial, not wanting to let go of your comfort clothes, accept compliments (very hard at first), looking in the mirror and not being sure if you really lost weight. Denial, Denial and more denial. Please take your time and accept the small losses. You need this time mentally. So that you will not go back to your old eating habits. This truly has to become a way of life. You need that time to make mental adjustments. Relax, love yourself and take your time. Good Luck!!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:08
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 182/165/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default In the same boat

Hi Jennifer,

You are certainly not going through this alone hon. I have been on induction for a month and a half and I think the only weight I lost was water weight in the very beginning. I have even been on the candida diet for a week now and thought I had seen a stall break but not sure of that. Candida diet is even more strict so I dont think its that Im eating too many carbs, I stay well below 20 carbs and if I have any carbs it's either from Eggs, Mozzarella or romaine, arugula or radish. Yes that is how strict I have made my regimen. A month into induction I added OWL items like almonds, macadamian nuts and pecans. I have always stayed below 20 carbs and a week ago switched to raw almonds and sunflower seeds. I usually just have a handful a day - just to keep my sanity !! My measurements havent shown any changes neither has my weight - it fluctuates in a 4 lb range. I drink lots of water and do Pilates, body sculpting 50 minutes every other day, ride my bike instead of driving the car whenever I can and work around the house for activity. This includes yard work and several trips through 3 floors of the house for laundry and other chores - so I am by no means inactive during my work hours (work from home).
What is perplexing to me, even though my educated mind says everyone's body is unique, is that my partner eats a lot more liberally on this diet then I do and loses so much more easily. 90% of the time I do not compare, but on my low days I just want my body to bloody respond to my consistent message : "LOSE THE FAT!!!! IT'S NO GOOD FOR YOU!!!". Alas, most of the time it feels like the message is not responded to. I try to keep my spirits up, but I tell ya - it wouldnt hurt to get a little feedback from your body every once in ablue moon - just for positive reinforcement and incentive to keep it up.
I am always willing to put hard work into anything - but my logical mind creeps up at times wondering what all this hard work is for. *sigh*
I just keep telling myself that it took 6 years since I have been in my loving relationship and also gained the "love" weight with my partner, I shouldnt expect to lose it overnight. Sorry for the long response, but this morning I woke up with my spirits a little down.

I quit smoking over 4 months ago, why is this weight loss making it so hard to be a quitter as well as a loser !

L

Last edited by Luckygurl : Mon, Jul-14-03 at 08:10.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:13

Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

Check out the tips and stalls section of this site-I found it very helpful!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:19

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry you're having problems, but as everyone says, you're not alone. Are you recording at Fitday? Perhaps we could offer better solutions, if we could see what you're eating. One possibility is that you're not eating enough. In any event, just remember, this is just temporary.

Hang in there, it does work!

judy
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:19
Registered Member

BF:

I will certainly revisit that section, I know more now about my body then what i knew a few weeks ago when I went there - thanks fairchild !
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:22

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

Look at my journal , I went on 2 week induction starting May 17th and lost about 12 lbs . I weighed then 181.0 (I also had tom during induction),then I went back up to 183 and back and forth , until a few days ago I finally went to 179. Today 178.8 .( Tom is just ending again) Finally after 8 full weeks I am losing some weight . Maybe you just have to wait for Tom . He was over a week late . So, I think that's what screwed me up. I never gave up my snacks. I am sure Tom has everything to do with it.

Cindy
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:28
Registered Member

BF:

You bring up an interesting topic cincin, and that's TOM. Since I started Atkins, I have been TOMming (so to speak) every 3 1/2 weeks or less (every 25-23 days). Not sure if that is normal, but it is more often not delayed. Not sure if this should be a concern because I know my body is going through a major overhaul since I was a carb addict before LCing.

L