Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 16:49

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Here's to bumpy (soon to go) fat!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 16:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

I feel so blessed to have come across this thread..lol..I have lost some weight and I seem to have a lump on my outer thingh bigger than the other and i`m sure it`s the fat traveling..lol. the looser the fat gets, the faster you lose it..apparently!!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 193/173/170 Female 5'4
BF:33.1%/30.4%/24%
Progress: 87%

I'm so glad I found this thread too! I've been wondering why my inner thighs and stomach feel like this! I thought I was CRAZY And to Jaybee007 I also have parts of me that are totally unproportioned lol like one of my sides is more flat than the other, it's pretty weird looking lol I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one and if it means that its getting ready to burn off, then it's fine with me!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 21:40
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

My "Fat" is still the same...SO FAR. Little less of it, which is nice...but the same "feel". Feels like FAT! LOL!

What the hell...it will be gone by next year anyway, then we can talk about Atkins maintenance and those problems! Its kinda like we're all going through college together! LOL!

Best to all;
Fat Jake
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 23:19
Registered Member

Stats: 255/233/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I am in the 5th week of Atkins induction.... I started noticing a few days ago how soft and squishy my read end is... my belly also feels that way but not as much.... actually almost all of my skin feels so much softer now and clearer....My weight loss slowed down after the first 2 weeks but I lost 1 pound the 3rd week and 2 the 4th week so its not a stall...now its TOM and I have went up 1 pound and its depressing.... the guys are lucky not to have to deal with this kind of thing.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 05:23
Registered Member

Stats: 222/181/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Happy to find other Jello people

Yeah, I'm not alone! I started Atkins in Feb and by the end of May or so had lost 33 lbs. I didn't realize I was squishy until my significant other commented that the weight loss was great but that I maybe should start exercising. I took a look in the mirror (naked) and YUCK!

I felt and looked great with the clothes on but wasn't happy at all with them off. I bought a resistance band for the inner thighs, a flex ball and an upper body resistance band the same day. I hate to admit this but I probably only used them once in the past month, but I have been walking everyday about 3-4 miles and VOILA everything is tightening up.

I purposely slowed the weight loss down to no more than 3 lbs a month and it seems like that's giving the fat cells time to slough (sic) off. The squishy jello pudding feeling has disappeared from my tummy and thighs and the inches are still coming off with no significant pounds being lost and my body is reshaping/reconstructing its self.

It's certainly a self esteem boost to lose the weight quickly but for me it wasn't worth the squishy fat cells and skin left behind.

So, there is light at the end of the Atkins tunnel without resorting to liposuction and tummy tucks for me.

Pat
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 10:25
Nursing Mama

Plan: High fat 80/15/5
Stats: 255/243/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

My fat always feels soft and squishy a couple days before a woosh!

So it's a good sign!
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 10:34

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Well, I hadn't really treated myself at the Pillsbury dough boy before I started this diet So, Really have no idea. I will have to keep an eye on it now though
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 12:07

Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yep same here, I am thinner but I jiggle more! LOL It's all good, about to evict this fat forever!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 12:08
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: // Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Dry skin brushing

Hi all... I don't know about you, but I'm glad it's Saturday. Anyway...

Have any of you tried dry skin brushing? It's reported to, among other things, help tighten up the skin and get rid of cellulite. Skin is the largest organ in the body, and is responsible for one-fourth of the body's detoxification each day, also making it, one of the most important elimination organs. The problem with the lymph system is that the skin needs movement to get rid of the toxins, etc. and we just don't get good movement all over (think of under your arms, for example).

Some Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing: Tightens Skin, Helps Digestion, Removes Cellulite, Stimulates Circulation, Increases Cell Renewal, Cleans Lymphatic System, Removes Dead Skin Layers, Stimulates Immune System, Improves Exchange between Cells, and Stimulates the Glands, thus helping All of the body systems to perform at peak efficiency.

What you need to do is purchase a natural bristle brush with a long handle so you can reach everywhere (the type you use in the shower or bath which cost about $4-$5 at places such as Walmart). Before bath or shower, brush each part of your body, including the bottom of your feet and hands, using long strokes toward your colon (some say toward your heart, but I think toward the colon makes more sense since you are moving toxins OUT of the body, if you get my meaning). Circular motions on abdomen & buttocks. You can do it once or twice a day depending on your preference. I like to do it in the morning just before a shower because it is invigorating, feels so good and wakes me up. As the name of the technique suggests, use a dry brush on your dry body. Don't brush your nipples.

If you search Google for dry skin brushing, you will find lots of information. I originally read about the technique on a site about colon cleansing but I cannot seem to find the specific page anymore.

Anyway, beside all the other benefits, it does help to tighten skin and I would encourage you to begin this process NOW rather than later for obvious reasons.

ljm
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 17:28
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I noticed my tummy felt alot like it did after giving birth, going from firm and full to lax and wiggly. I used to carry my weight very well, I was over 240 and no one believed I weighed that much. Now, it is a little more obvious to me how overweight I was, as my face has thinned alot and is now a big contrast to the parts of me that are taking longer to go away... specificly the abdominal area, thighs and behind... I just try to take it in stride and remember that in the end it will all even out (I hope)

I actually notice that my thighs don't look quite as bumpy as they did, they were getting really bad, so I am glad to see a little change there.

Last edited by rishamoon : Sat, Jul-12-03 at 17:31.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 04:49

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

Ellejaiem , Thanks for the information regarding the dry-brushing. I had gotten some cellulite treatments a few years back and that`s what the esthetician did. she would start every session by putting a scrub on me and exfoliating that way or using a glove to rub toward the heart( in the direction from the body part she was at). It did some good in my overall skin appearance and it felt amazingly invigorating afterwards.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 17:11
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: // Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

You are very welcome. As you probably know, it's a process that reveals the benefit over time rather than immediately, and persistance is key.

ljm
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 17:59

Stats: 217/140/130 Male 5 ' 4"
BF:18.8
Progress: 89%

That is very true. I just checked and it is much softer than when I started in March. Well at least i know it is not just me and that it is a sign of progress.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 18:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/255/200 Female 5 feet 3 and a half inchs
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkathy6
I have started to notice this too on my stomach and on my inner thighs, it is scarey to look at, but I'm trying to be positive and saying that my body is reconfiguring so it is melting slowly away!!!

My god i said the same thing lol. It looks scarey but I guess its a good thing right. Squishy is a good name for it, and i have what seems to look like pouches on my thighs to. So glad other people have it to, now I feel ok about it. Still have a long way to go but 26 pounds in 5 weeks is more that I have ever lost all together on any other diet. Thank you guys so much for being here, you make it so much easier
Thanks!

Last edited by RamonaC : Sun, Jul-13-03 at 18:37.