Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 09:14

Plan: Atkins/CAD/Now?
Stats: 216/210.5/110?? Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%
Unhappy I'm hungry between meals!! HELP HELP!!!

Yesterday between lunch and RM I was getting real hungry. I am still doing the two week entry plan so I'm only eating three times a day. I didn't know what to do so I held off as long as I could but ate my RM meal earlier than I normally do. I was thinking this might have been because I had a diet pop first thing in the morning?? I know it is on the stall list but I was dying for something beside nasty ass water.

This morning I had breakfast of two lean beef patties with two pickle slices and a teaspoon of ketchup and now two hours later I'm hungry again. Early morning breakfast always does this too me but I was hungry when I got up! Can I not even have some pork rinds or SOMETHING? What should I do?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 09:34
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Cut the catsup unless it's keto catsup and have a CS. It is there for you if you need it. Make sure you get enough food to eat at your CMs.

Sorry to say, it looks like your going to be one who needs to cut out the diet sodas. It's obvious you react to them.

Try a squirt of lemon or lime juice in your water.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

OH, this could have been my post as well. I had a major crash and burn episode from low blood sugar the day before yesterday, and HAD to eat a chunk of cheese. It really helped stabilize me, but I don't know what the effects of this type of munching will be on the program.

I think I'm one that really needs the snack too... is there a list of acceptable things to munch on that will keep the insulin levels even?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 10:33

BF:

okay no more ketchup ugh

what do I eat to get me through this though.. I'm chugging water and trying not to think about it! I don't want to eat lunch too early.

Can I still do a diet pop with my RM?

I need to get some lemon for my water... can I have tea????
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 10:53

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 209/136/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 106%

Yep the ketchup is the culprit. .Always start your day with more protein in order to avoid cravings....And I know you don't like water but you should start the day with it.. Yep tea is fine...Also yes pork rinds are fine in moderation....

Last edited by joanne42 : Fri, Jul-11-03 at 10:55.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 11:50
Finding the Pieces

BF:

A CS is half the size of a CM. Any foods that are legal for CM are legal for CS.

I would cut the diet pop for at least the first two weeks. You want to learn what your body feels like clean. You won't learn that with the diet pop.

You can have plain tea.

You need to make up your mind to do it for two weeks strictly and with all the nit picky rules. Otherwise you can be setting yourself up for failure.

If you could do two weeks induction, you can do two weeks of strict CAD. Afterall, you'll get a RM everyday!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 13:05

BF:

LOL That's not fair!!!
The diet pop is my biggest hurdle and has been all along. I hate water and end up drinking diet pop.

So if need be I can have a snack of pork skins? I've been fine with three meals until the past two days. I do think that I may be starting PMS too but not sure...its a bit early but I'm feeling twinges of cramps.

I had to take my book back to the library so I need to get to the food list again.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 13:09
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Print out the cheat sheet. You will have to give up the pop. Life isn't fair. Go commiserate with the other CADers. Many have had to do the same. Yes you can have some pork rinds. Learn to like water. It's good for you!!!

Also many find they are hungrier just before TOM.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

You can commiserate with me, Stacy. I could care less for soda, but guzzling down morning coffee in 15 minutes??? And none the rest of the day??

This is a 25 year pattern for me that I quite enjoy. I don't even know what I will do once my 15 minutes are up...dump the rest and pace the floors until breakfast, I guess!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 16:34
Finding the Pieces

BF:

You can have another cup with RM. You can also drink it black with no AS or cream throughout the day.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 20:29

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/184/160 Female 68 inches
BF:36.2
Progress: 60%

Give up the diet pop! I was a pop-aholic. . .any kind. It was the last thing I gave up due to the fact that it seemed to be stalling me. At first I lost while drinking diet pop, then I stalled for quite a long time. Since giving up the diet pop, I lose steadily a pound a week. I just drink black coffe, iced tea or water. I look forward to real pop during my RM!

If I can give it up, you can too! It is really worth it. . .good luck!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 07:04

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%

yes dd, i completely understand. it is the morning ritual of it. i am having tea now. but it is hard. having coffee at the reward meal is not at all satisying. it is a morning thing, the savoring it while i watch the sunrise or read a few pages or just contemplate the day

stacy, hang in there.... i was so happy being able to have diet rite while on atkins and now having to give that up to... the injustice of it all

i only drank one or 2 a day...so i hope it will get easier. i always had my diet rite white grape with pork rinds. pork rinds and water hmmmm just doesn't cut it.

yesterday, i had the diet rite and a glass of wine. i thought an hour would be plenty of time but i end up feeling like i am chugging everything. i know it will even out...sooner than later i hope.
-catherine
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 07:36

BF:

I drink about one a day so I've cut back alot from the days of a six pack of Mt Dew a day :O

I guess I'll hide the rest of my diet rite somewhere till my mom gets here and get her to drink it LOL

How do you deal with your PMS cravings for chocolate??? Even with all my time on Atkins I was never able to get rid of them.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 07:41

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%

i never got rid of the craving for chocolate. i have the sugar free hersheys around... the craving is satisfied with 1 of those little bars...which i think is amazing. i needed to eat about 10 of the sugar hersheys before to satisfy the craving. now the big step is not to give in to the craving at all and have chocolate only at the reward meal.....arghhh!!!!
now that i am back home and more recovered i really want to do 2 weeks of very clean cad.
-catherine
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 07:41
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Unbelieveably, once your insulin levels are under control, the craving for chocolate does subside, even during PMS.